cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Loyalty

albinocory
Grafter

Customer Loyalty

Just been on the phone to COT requesting MAC code as the best offer they could do is £10p/m for 24mths. Not happy with this offer when can go to other providers for either £5p/m for 12mths then £10for remaining 6mths or £10for 12mth contract with free vouchers . Wasn't asking much but don't want to stop for 2yrs when just done 19mths and not all good. Will be organising new provider contract very soon and saving money. Customer loyalty obviously doesn't mean much to existing customers when new customers get the best deals. Even noticed Sky have a better loyalty scheme for their customers.
31 REPLIES 31
Joshc
Grafter

Re: Customer Loyalty

Good afternoon!
I can see how your experience must be frustrating!!!
We definitely appreciate all of our customers for their loyalty.
If you would like, I could get an experienced customer option adviser to give you a call?Huh
I am sure we can do a lot better than that for you Smiley
Thanks
albinocory
Grafter

you can get someone to ring me and see what they could do
Joshc
Grafter

Hey,
An experienced adviser will be ringing you within ten minutes.
I hope he can do a better job at rewarding your loyalty! Smiley
Thanks 
albinocory
Grafter

thanks josh you couldn't do a deal so now leaving plusnet and going to bt as it cheaper and a 12 month contart see u later guys and thanks
gswindale
Grafter

Interesting that you're going to BT.
For me; BT was more expensive - PN Fibre £17.49/month (less any referral credits) BT Infinity 1 Unlimited £18/month
Looking at basic broadband - PN Unlimited £12.49/month (less any referral credits), BT Broadband Unlimited £13/month
My previous product - PN Unlimied £9.99/month (less any referral credits), BT Broadband Unlimited £13/month.
I note also that BT line rental is £16.99/month v £15.95/month with PN.
I have my phone with BT however as taking into account the line rental saver and additional charges by PN for Caller ID; BT works out slightly cheaper for us.
I'd suggest not using BT Email though - my parents have had fun & games configuring email clients to use it and our IT dept refuses point blank to assist anyone with a BT email account!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I suspect that the OP is on a Market 1 exchange
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I am on a Market 1 exchange , and re contracted (phone and broadband) the other day , and got a very very good deal in exchange for a 24 month contact.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rewardloyaltyno

Just seen the price hikes coming next month.
and been approached by talk talk.
when I joined plusnet this was a non advertising sheffield based customer focussed and loyalty rewarding company.
and now.........a big disappontment.
interestingly my bank has opened a loyalty account-the longer you are with them the more you benefit- really hope this gets rolled out into business as a whole, its about time.
come on plusnet find your roots and do something innovative again !!!!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Oldjim
I suspect that the OP is on a Market 1 exchange

I thought BTr's price for FTTC was the same on Market 1, have I misunderstood something?
Estragon
Rising Star

January.
busybees
Dabbler

I have been a customer of Plusnet, formerly Force9, for in excess of 10 years and what does Plusnet offer me in the way of loyalty discounts ... 'diddly squat'. Thank you Plusnet !  Sad Sad
I see you are offering FREE broadband and weekend phone calls for 12 months to new customers ... but your loyal customers - 'oh, what are they'. Still want me to recommend Plusnet to others - two of those that I have in the past have just left for another ISP
Shame on you !!!
AndyH
Grafter

Have you asked for a discount?
gwyndy
Dabbler

I think you will find that most firms don't reward "loyalty", it's an accepted cost of "churn". The only company I have found that do is Kwik Fit Insurance, but that may be because I refuse to set up a Direct Debit.
If you think you deserve something for you loyalty - ask, worse thing that can happen, they say no. If they say no, and you think you can get a better deal/service elsewhere, then leave and come back when you are a "New Customer" in 12/18 months.
I've been with Plusnet some 3 years, on the whole they are okay, and when I have talked to them about deals, they have listened.

JohnGalloway
Grafter

I'm with BusyBees. customer for ages (Force9, Metronet, Plusnet)
new folk get ~£120 'welcome' bonus. All I get is an increased LSR with no additional benefits.
and if someone suggest "why not ring and ask for a discount?" - why should I have to do that work?
Embarrassed
John