cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current service

Shortandnoisy

Current service

I have been a customer of plusnet for less than a month and already feel the need to complain about the service I have received. First of all not long after my phone line was installed by the engineers (more on that later) I received an email saying there was problems setting up my direct debit, so I phoned the number the email quoted and was told that the bank account number I was giving was wrong as there were too many digits. The team member told me that despite the number coming from my payslip it couldn't be right and I should get a bank statement, I don't use paper statements therefore I presumed the number my wages get payed into would be the best alternative as I clearly couldn't access the Internet to see one of my statements and the numbers provided. The call ended with me being told to get a statement and call back with that number with my 'dedicated support team member' putting the phone down on me without even trying to offer me an alternate solution.
Today I received a letter from plusnet saying there has been difficulties processing a payment on my account and I need to sort out payment within 14 days or suffer restricted Internet access. Upon reading this letter I headed straight to the plusnet site (using my iPhone as I still haven't received my router) and looked up my account. Not only did this page tell me the only charge I had incurred- the initial charge- had been paid, it was paid 10 days before the letter was dated and there was no more payments due until next month. Discovering this I phoned the payments phoneline and was told to just ignore the letter. I also asked if there was any way to check on the progress of my router as it has almost been a week since my phone line was fitted and I have heard nothing. A few clicks of a keyboard later and I was told that it had not even been ordered yet, but as a result of of this checkup it has been dispatched and should arrive within 3-5 days. The plusnet site itself says your router will arrive 5-7 working days after your phone lines installation and in time to use with the activation of your broadband, so why 6 days after my installation -by sheer chance- am I being informed of it not even being ordered yet?
Having said that I must comend the engineer that came not only on the right day but even early in order to get the appointment 'out of the way'. He was not only helpful, but friendly and dedicated too, traits that I have expected from the start from a company that prides itself on winning customer service awards, yet I have only seen it twice now. The second time I came close this kind of attitude was today over the phone where the operator was very helpful in not only answering my questions and locating my router, he was also very apologetic when he discovered my situation.
Overall I'm very disappointed with my plusnet experience to date and can only hope it gets better soon as I am starting to wonder were all these awards have come from.
2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Current service

Welcome to the forum Shortandnoisy. I really hope you get things sorted and have a good experience.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Current service

Hi Shortandnoisy,
I'm really sorry about how things have gone so far. I've checked over your account and all payment details are absolutely fine, though the reason the router hadn't been sent is because our system was waiting for notification that the broadband order had been accepted and was processing before it's ordered and sent out. That's now the case, but as you've posted the router has been ordered for you already.
We'll keep an eye on things for you and let you know when it's due to be activated as soon as we get a date for you. As Strat says, I hope we impress you a lot more from now on.
If there's anything we can help with or look into for you please don't hesitate to drop another post in and we'll get on it for you.