Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of (maybe) useful suggestions

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Couple of (maybe) useful suggestions

This needs Plusnet input, not really users - although constructive replies may be useful.

1. Hub deliveries - ignoring the disruption caused by current RM action, would it not help for these to be tracked, there seem to be a large number of 'gone missing' reports, even way prior to the strikes. I seem to recall this may have been 'under review' previously, but haven't seen any follow-up.

2. Order delayed notifications. Would it not be considerably more helpful if instead of that totally useless information, the reason was included in the message? This would save both the customer having to ring and hold for hours on the phone, and would alleviate the workload of call centre operatives.

John
30 REPLIES 30
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Couple of (maybe) useful suggestions

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Everything Else to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend

Just hope someone from PN visits this board, then. 😉

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Regarding 1), we have already very recently switched to using tracked delivery.

It will be a little while longer before the tracking information is made visible to customers/advisors though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jab1
Legend

Cheers, @bobpullen . Not before time (IMHO), but very welcome.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@jab1 wrote:

2. Order delayed notifications. Would it not be considerably more helpful if instead of that totally useless information, the reason was included in the message? This would save both the customer having to ring and hold for hours on the phone, and would alleviate the workload of call centre operatives.

It's a good idea but I'm not sure there's an easy way to change that because a delayed order notification can be sent for a wide range of reasons, and the reason we receive from our suppliers is generally full of jargon so we'd need an agent to translate it into something which makes sense. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Maybe then, @Gandalf that could be considered -it would, as I said before, relieve pressure on the call centre staf and frustration for customers, who appear to be unable to even get through in anything like a reasonable time-frame.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I agree but we're unlikely going to provide customers with an update of jargon. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Then why not have say, just one individual who could translate the jargon to something a customer can understand?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

For the amount of orders which go through the supplier systems per day it's not feasible to have one agent working these. Additionally we can't individually tailor the automated emails on a case by case basis due to the way our systems work. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Not getting at you personally, @Gandalf but you are replying, presumably on PN's behalf so, maybe. as these emails presumably go to your Provisioning Team (at some point), maybe they could contact the affected customers with an understandable explanation - as the system 'works' at the moment, those emails aren't worth the electrons they take to produce.

And if it's 'due to the way our systems work', maybe they need looking at - although from past experience, I won't be holding my breath on that.

Again - nothing personal - I appreciate you have to follow company policy on public statements.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's what happens now though. The automated emails are sent to suggest a delay, a ticket is raised automatically, an agent from our provisioning team picks that up, investigates and then provides a meaningful update. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

OK - and again not aimed at you personally - this is a failing in the system, because the email just means the waiting customer just attempts to call and get an understandable reason from call centre staff who have no knowledge of what is happening, and clogs up their work with them having to admit they have no idea.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The alternative would likely be sending emails full of jargon or not sending the automated emails at all. I don't believe this is any better than what we're currently doing at the moment.

Also the call centre staff can absolutely see the notes on an order and provide the update if a customer calls in. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

OK. We're obviously looking at this from different angles - understandably.

As an aside, and I know what the answer is, but it would be interesting if someone from management could give us all a reason for the apparent degradation of service which your customers are experiencing

John