cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost v Service Provided

gillandrog

Cost v Service Provided

Hello folks
I'm getting a bit concerned about how quickly I seem to be using up my monthly allowance, even though I'm not aware that I'm using more. Am I getting value for money? I've been with PlusNet for nearly 4 years and I'm paying £14.67 a month for 8gb (which is only really 4gb during the peak times I can use it). When I look at other providers' adverts and even the 'in your face' flashes on this site, it looks cheap compared with what I'm getting. Can anyone advise what to do to increase my service without breaking the bank as I can no longer live with only have a couple of weeks of worthwhile product.
... or am I expecting too much?
Look forward to hearing from anyone.
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cost v Service Provided

Try the new products with a 12 month new contract
Value with 10GB allowance from 8.0am to midnight costs £5.99 or £11.99 depending on whether you are in a Market 3 exchange or not http://www.plus.net/?home=hometop
Be3G
Grafter

Value's 10GB, unless you know something I don't. Smiley (You might be thinking of Pro which is 15GB.)
Oldjim
Resting Legend

whoops - corrected  Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

is the OP talking about speed or GB traffic?  "£14.67 a month for 8gb (which is only really 4gb during the peak "
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I assumed it was one of the earlier packages where throttling kicked in when you had used half of the allowance - I must admit I couldn't remember an 8GB limit package
Be3G
Grafter

There was Broadband Plus for £15 which offered 4GB during peak hours, but that was 50GB off-peak... hmm.
gillandrog

Thanks for the feedback chaps. Now instead of getting embroiled in what services used to exist, I need to know two things:
1. How do I get onto "Value 10GB" at £11.99 (assuming I'm not on a market 3 exchange (which means absolutely nothing to me) or "PRO 15GB" both of which sound like better value that I'm getting now.
2. In changing do I get lumbered with that £20 fee for moving.
Since sending my initial post, I read all the stuff that followed an earlier post on a similar subject. The fact that loyalty is no longer rewarded is typical of the sales oriented rather than customer focussed business world we are unfortunately stuck with at the moment. This is not unique to internet providers ... banks are the past masters of this. Sorry, I didn't want to ramble on about that. All I want to know is how I go about moving onto something better without looking for another provider as I have been happy with PlusNet ... until now.
Look forward to your further advice.
Kind regards to all,
Roger.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you put your exchange in here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php it will tell you what the status in.
There is no charge for moving between products
Just follow this link https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection and click on "upgrade my account"
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and then follow up very shortly after migration bay saying, I am not taking the router and want the 12 month offer.  If you take the router it is 18 Months
Also all features that you currently have are transferred to your new package, even is not normally available in that package, i.e  Web space, the older packages had 250 Mb free web space, the value pack has none.  Sorry that JameseH is on Holiday he normally does a good job of moving you
Point 2  there is no charge
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: gillandrog
Thanks for the feedback chaps. Now instead of getting embroiled in what services used to exist, I need to know two things:
1. How do I get onto "Value 10GB" at £11.99 (assuming I'm not on a market 3 exchange (which means absolutely nothing to me) or "PRO 15GB" both of which sound like better value that I'm getting now.

Log in to http://members.plus.net and there's an 'upgrade' button near the top of the page, or you could give the callcentre a ring. Or if you like just confirm on this thread and we can make the change for you Smiley
Quote from: gillandrog
2. In changing do I get lumbered with that £20 fee for moving.

I assume you mean the cessation charge? In which case you only get this if your broadband is actually ceased (even if you stay on the existing Broadband Plus account). You won't get charged if you migrate out though.
Hope that helps,
gillandrog

I've followed your advice Orbrey, thanks ... I hope I don't live to regret it. I have gone for the 'unlimited' option having initially been put off by the £15.99 that became £19.99 almost unnoticed. Very misleading I thought and I bet a lot of people are fooled by this. Nevertheless, I want the service so I guess I'll just have to swallow it.
Roger.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Gillandrog,
I'm sure you'll notice the difference (in a good way!) between the services, but please let us know if you have any problems and we'll do our best to get them sorted.