cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting customer services - An utter nightmare

heikomorgan
Dabbler

Contacting customer services - An utter nightmare

Why is it so difficult to contact customer services about a pending (actually overdue) fibre upgrade?

Easy enough to speak to them when they are selling you something, but as soon as there's an issue, you're on hold for over an hour and then passed from pillar to post.

Does anyone know why web chat has ceased working?

All I want is what I'm paying for......surely not too much to ask.

22 REPLIES 22
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Contacting customer services - An utter nightmare

Hi , Apparently WEB CHAT has been disabled by Plusnet Roll_eyes  to allow more staff to answer phones Crazy2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
heikomorgan
Dabbler

Thanks for the info!

I finally managed to speak to someone, who then put me through to the WRONG department, and after a chat with them, they claimed to be unaware that web chat wasn't working, and I should "try later". They then popped me on hold for another 15 minutes before I gave up.

They certainly don't seem to have the extra staff on the phones, that's for sure.

chenks76
All Star

plusnet seem to do anything to push people towards the phones, whereas almost every other business will push people to methods other than the phone.

now i wonder who has the right idea.....
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I have said elsewhere it makes sense to me at least to push people to the phones for tech support, as you can, in theory, deal with their issue quicker as not every one can type at speed and with talking it's easier to get the issue across. But this approach doesn't help those with hearing issues of course where chat might be a better option.

heikomorgan
Dabbler

....or even those with full time jobs, who would still like to make use of a computer to try and get an issue resolved. I'd have no issue sitting "on hold" in chat, waiting for someone to connect and respond to me, as I can be doing other things. I can't really expect work to pay me to sit around trying to get through on the phone though.

Shame.....have been pretty happy with Plusnet for the first year, but since they talked me into fibre, I have had a number of issues, and still don't have the fibre I'm paying for. Pants really.

sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler

with my job i cant use a phone for calls but can use it for chat. 3days ive been trying to contact customer services but no joy

I tried chat as a person wishing to join and got straight through

worst customer service i have ever known 

heikomorgan
Dabbler

Precisely my situation, Dabbler (in terms of using chat). I can use chat at work and find it useful when speaking to all kinds of companies about services etc.

Plusnet are falling down my ratings in terms of customer service now, as I can only call when every b*gger else is it seems!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Well since 2009 they have promised to get there Funny

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Suggestion-employ-more-staff-to-answer-tickets-and-ph...

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Since 2009?..it''s not 10 years yet then. Still time to sort it. Funny

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
chenks76
All Star

@Anonymous wrote:

As I have said elsewhere it makes sense to me at least to push people to the phones for tech support, as you can, in theory, deal with their issue quicker as not every one can type at speed and with talking it's easier to get the issue across. But this approach doesn't help those with hearing issues of course where chat might be a better option.

only if the phone gets answered quickly though, and only if you happen to get speaking to somone that knows their stuff.
and not every tech support issues needs an instant response - that's where the ticket system worked perfectly.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@heikomorgan  &  @sol_sun_ftm   perhaps this thread

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Issue-with-Plusnet-Chat-and-my-Adblocker/td-p/1469368/...

will enlighten you "somewhat"... although it probably won`t make any difference..as PlusNet staff seem to be ignoring it..... again.... 

In short.... Plusnet has DISABLED a service for the DISABLED ( and others ) so that the ABLE hearing people can get their phone answered more swiftly,... and so the more ABLE hearing people get the service  and the DISABLED ( hard of hearing ) people get pushed to the back of the queue. ..

They did this... sometime midweek last week.... and currently... they have no idea when LIVE CHAT will Rise From the DEAD.

Certainly.... Award winning customer service  (NOT)   and We`ll do you proud  ? ? ?   ha ha ha..

. I expect they are proud of what they have done....

heikomorgan
Dabbler

I get that live chat can be used by people with hearing difficulty. It isn't limited just to those, though, surely?

Anyway, I guess I need to persevere, but I am getting bored of 30 mins+ on hold, only to then be told you're in the wrong department and slapped back on hd.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Basically Plusnet wont admit , they are short of staff

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@heikomorgan  no, it isn`t "limited" to any particular person or ability.... it is open ( when it is not DELIBERATELY CLOSED DOWN) to all abilities..

However.. when your hearing is down to "almost" nothing.. except a few squeaks ans sqwalks, not being able to actually comprehend ANY words, let alone hold a conversation properly, on a telephone

, LIVE CHAT is an ESSENTIAL SERVICE for those disabled, like myself.

Plusnet management seem to think that as "hard of hearing"people are in the minority, it won`t matter if their most convenient service is DELIBERATELY CLOSED for the benefit of those that CAN HEAR properly, and can communicate well over a telephone. 

In other words.... it is OK for Plusnet Management to discriminate against disabled customers, for the benefit of their able customers... as this will improve the overall status figures, and they will be inline for promotion or more  brownie points.