cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Plusnet

anisah

Contacting Plusnet

I have been a member of PlusNet for 12 years. In the past it was easy to raise a query and get help by using e-mail. I have been trying for the last hour to find out how to e-mail PlusNet to get some help for a friend who I recently helped join PlusNet. I cannot find any means of contacting PlusNet other than by phone, with waiting times of at least 30 minutes.

This is totally unacceptable and certainly torpedos your claims of good customer service. the once good customer service is now totally abysmal.

If anyone can supply me with an e-mail address to get some help for my friend (he lives 135 miles from me and is 80+ years old) It would be most appreciated.  I doubt that he would cope easily with a call from technical support

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue after moving.

7 REPLIES 7
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Contacting Plusnet

There is no!! Email for support 😕
All you can do is ring or online chat 😕
But of course there is Facebook or Twitter. But not good for a over 80 chap

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Moved to own read for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

anisah

This is not at all helpful as the issues are not addressed anywhere that I can find in the support pages and it is hopeless having to sit there for 30 minutes waiting for technical support.

Whenever I have tried recently the "Chat" is not available, so support is essentially not available for customers.

I would not be surprised if customers begin to leave in droves given this situation.

Thank you to Mav for moving this to give it better visibility - but it will not help as the support needed does not appear to exist any longer!

Mav
Fixes: 514

@anisah

It is a known fact that some ad blockers can inhibit the use of Chat. If you have one perhaps try again with it turned off?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there and I'm sorry about the wait times over the phone and using live chat.

Is there anything we can help your friend with over here?

Please feel free to send me a PM if you prefer?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tfseng

HI equally disappointed that getting through is so difficult. Chat was advised as being the quickest method of contact but currently been at "Your place in the queue is 1" for over 1 hour now. Has everyone gone for lunch? Have copied transcript as proof. Same problem with phone support, advised that waiting time is approaching 30 mins, but again that seems to be a vast underestimation. Still on hold. Been without phone line for 3 days now, so starting to get fed up. Where is the famed support service? Also it seems that no matter what option I pick, the wait time is the same - what does that tell you. No option to raise a complaint either, so Ofcom it is. Out of contract now, so not sure I will be renewing.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

the minimal staff around at weekend are most likely on TwitFace Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .