cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact for complaint

ideasgen

Contact for complaint

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Plusnet's CEO or similar senior manager.
I am besides myself with anger on how I have been treated by the customer service/faults team recently.
I used to recommend Plusnet for their customer service. Now it is appauling.
PS
I don't want to use just the feedback address as I have no faith this will get any adequate response
20 REPLIES 20
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Contact for complaint

Hi ideasgen,
I've had a look through this and would like to give you a ring to discuss it if that's alright with you - if you could let me know a time when you'd be available that'd be great. Please feel free to drop me a PM, thanks - and sorry about the whole experience with the fault.
ideasgen

Despite being promised a call I have not heard from you in three days. Think this probably says it all about customer service at Plusnet now.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I tried just before posting above but there was no answer. I was awaiting a note advising when you were available, but didn't receive any PMs and there's no notes on the ticket. If you let me know when you're available I'll be happy to call.
ideasgen

Matt.
You've had a PM and an e-mail from me via this thread so I'd suggest you check your systems!
You can probably get me between 10 and 11 today on the numbers you have. Else it will need to be after Christmas.
MikeE

Ideasgen - did you ever get an address for the CEO? Or a resolution?
I've had 4 tickets running (yes I know 3 at a time is the max but Plusnet closed one of them before resolving!) for 6 weeks. Keep getting promises, contradictory offers etc but NO answers.
Would love to know how to escalate...
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: MikeE
Ideasgen - did you ever get an address for the CEO? Or a resolution?

Our Code of Practice which details the complaint resolution procedure is here but of course it would be nice if it doesn't have to come to that! Wink
I've had 4 tickets running (yes I know 3 at a time is the max but Plusnet closed one of them before resolving!) for 6 weeks. Keep getting promises, contradictory offers etc but NO answers.
Would love to know how to escalate...

I've replied to your most recent ticket and had a quick glance over the others. I suspect all we need to do is confirm:

• What packages you want.
  • How much you're willing to pay.
  • Whether or not we can accommodate this and if not are any alternatives.
  • Exactly what you can expect to be billed moving forwards and when.

Does that about sum it up? I'm not convinced I'm the best person to deal with the situation given the fact that I've not been involved up until now and am not in for a few days after today. I can certainly give the relevant department a kick though if you like?
Quote from: ideasgen
Matt.
You've had a PM and an e-mail from me via this thread so I'd suggest you check your systems!

Matt's not back in until Monday but I'll leave him a message for when he gets back in.
You can probably get me between 10 and 11 today on the numbers you have. Else it will need to be after Christmas.

Will drop some notes onto your ticket, however...
The connection seems pretty stable now judging by your recent RADIUS logs:
Session Started	Session Ended	Session Duration
07:26 30/Dec/2009 N/A One Day, 6:8:44 (on going)
15:41 29/Dec/2009 07:26 30/Dec/2009 15:45:13
22:01 26/Dec/2009 N/A 4 Days, 15:33:27 (on going)
10:50 18/Dec/2009 20:54 26/Dec/2009 8 Days, 10:4:5

Your IP profile is now 2mbps again and our systems are also aligned to this.
I did notice after skimming through your fault ticket that you'd said:
The modem is connected into a BT accelerator socket so doesn't have a micro filter. There are no other devices on this line.

A BT Accelerator filters out the bell wire, it does *not* isolate the voice/DSL frequencies on your line. See here where it specifically says you still need to use filters on each of the extension points on your line where a device is in use? Could it be that we've been looking at a local wiring issue all along Huh
Edit: Sorry, realised that you've mentioned that nothing else is connected to the line so the last of my comments above might be void. Does this include extension sockets as well though as they'd need to be filtered too?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MikeE

I've replied to your most recent ticket and had a quick glance over the others. I suspect all we need to do is confirm:

What packages you want.
How much you're willing to pay.
Whether or not we can accommodate this and if not are any alternatives.
Exactly what you can expect to be billed moving forwards and when.

Thanks, Bob, for sorting the Direct Debit issue.
However,  if you read the tickets with more than 'a quick glance' you'll see clearly that :
I've been repeatedly stating what package I want
I've stated what I'm willing to pay, and 'Kevin' from Plusnet agreed it, in writing, but it has not been implemented
You (Plusnet) have already agreed to accomodate it (Kevin Southall CSC Analyst 12:02pm, Thursday 17th December 2009 )
I have been told two conflicting versions of what I can expect to be billed moving forwards and when
ideasgen

Ok - this is getting a bit complicated as it seems that we now have two threads running in my original.
On my issues.
Line is now profiled at 2mbps and I have seen a download improvement to around 1.3mbps. However this is still below the 2.3mbps I was getting and below the 3mbps that my neighbours get. In the recent past the line has profiled at 6.5mbps and I've still only had download of 800kbps so not sure that that is a good indicator of quality of my connection.
I want as a minimum to get back at least to the speeds I previously had and ensure they are maintained.
Whilst my line has been stable for the last couple of days I did have drop outs pre Christmas.
The BT accelerator was installed in May by BT and they said I should not put additional micro filters on. The 2.3/4 mbps was achieved without additional filters. Are you now saying that microfilters should be added?
Interesting that you've snipped part of the message that I previously sent to Matt - I think this proves my point that I had previously mailed him and I take great exception to the implication that he was waiting for me to make contact.
Finally whilst you may have a complaints procedure my confidence in this given recent experience has been severely damaged. i now do have the contact details for you CEO and will be raising this matter with him.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Line is now profiled at 2mbps and I have seen a download improvement to around 1.3mbps. However this is still below the 2.3mbps I was getting and below the 3mbps that my neighbours get.

Your IP profile has since dropped to 1750kbps due to you being synchronised at 2016kbps on 04/01/2010 10:47:36. Our systems have not updated to reflect this though so I shall do that now.
In the recent past the line has profiled at 6.5mbps and I've still only had download of 800kbps so not sure that that is a good indicator of quality of my connection.

I have no idea how a line with 60db downstream attenuation managed to synchronise that high and if it did I'd be flabbergasted if the connection remained stable. In fact looking at the characteristics of your line I'd not normally expect more than 1Mbps or so.
I want as a minimum to get back at least to the speeds I previously had and ensure they are maintained.

I personally think it's a little unrealistic to expect much more than 1.5Mbps-2Mbps (after all your actual line estimate is reported to be a little over 1Mbps). IME there's not really much of a noticeable difference between a connection running at 1.5Mbps and one running at 2.5Mbps, but of course your findings might be different.
The BT accelerator was installed in May by BT and they said I should not put additional micro filters on. The 2.3/4 mbps was achieved without additional filters. Are you now saying that microfilters should be added?

If there is *anything* else plugged into your phone line via *any* of your extension sockets then yes, filters absolutely must be used. Do you have anything else plugged into your extension sockets?
Interesting that you've snipped part of the message that I previously sent to Matt - I think this proves my point that I had previously mailed him and I take great exception to the implication that he was waiting for me to make contact.

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here however I can tell you that Matt is now back in the office. Given the fact that I'm now looking at your account there's probably little point in him doing the same. If you're still expecting to hear from him though then I don't mind asking him to pick up the PM you sent to him?
Finally whilst you may have a complaints procedure my confidence in this given recent experience has been severely damaged. i now do have the contact details for you CEO and will be raising this matter with him.

That I'm sorry to hear. I would urge people follow the relevant complaints processes though as our CEO isn't the most technically versed amongst us (which I'm sure he won't mind me saying!) Wink
I can try resetting your training period again if you like, but the last time we did this it didn't seem to make a great deal of difference and your SNR has crept back up to 9db. The only other alternative I can see is for us to push for an engineer visit but I'm reluctant to do that as your line's operating within specification and I wouldn't want you to incur the wrath of the abortive call out fees!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Bob
In the recent past the line has profiled at 6.5mbps and I've still only had download of 800kbps so not sure that that is a good indicator of quality of my connection.

I have no idea how a line with 60db downstream attenuation managed to synchronise that high and if it did I'd be flabbergasted if the connection remained stable. In fact looking at the characteristics of your line I'd not normally expect more than 1Mbps or so.

BT have re-cabled the telephone to go to an exchange building that is further away?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ideasgen,
I can see Bob's looking at your issues so I'll leave that to him. I've checked my PMs and email and haven't received anything from you I'm afraid. If you let me know which address was used I can check to make sure there's no issues there?
Regardless I'm sorry I didn't try and contact you further.
ideasgen

OK - I will start again for you Bob.
I fully undersatnd that the issue is the quality of the line. My issue is that three months ago I had a service that was providing 2.4mbps download, and by end Oct it was down to 800mbps. I do not believe that I should have to suffer such a loss of service and to be told by your customer service dept that it will be addressed when BT install fibre optic connections is beyond belief. In your own words it is "unrealistic" for me to expect the service level that I enjoyed for years before October from the current line because of its degradation. I don't think that is an acceptable position and what's to guarantee that it will not degrade further?
If the issue is the line - then that is what needs addressing. I have offered what I believe to be a possible solution insofar as I have another line at home that my broadband could be switched to. The BT engineer in May said this was a quick job. On using the checker on BT's website it says that my alternate line should be capable of max of 3mbps (versus my current line at 1.0mbs). I don't understand why no one is evaluating this as an option
I can keep sending you guys information about the line's profile etc. and we can debate it to death. You can attempt to tie me up in jargon I don't care. All I want is the quality of service that I had earlier in the year (recognising that this is still not as good as I believe that it should be).
Finally - I have contacted your CEO, not for his technical skills but for him to be informed of the poor way that I believe that this issue as been dealt with. Ultimately it is his responsibility to manage the resources with the company. I will be very dissappointed if he doesn't intervene to ensure this matter is dealt with as a priority.
Sincerely,
Steve

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: jelv
BT have re-cabled the telephone to go to an exchange building that is further away?

Doubt it jelv, the IP profile was consistently around the 1000-2500 mark before the (very brief) jump to 6500. Might have coincided with a period of retraining but if I'm honest I've not looked into that much detail as it's not really pertinent to the problem.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Ah - I hadn't appreciated from what he'd said that the 6500 was a brief abnormality!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)