cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact details

JohnGalloway
Grafter

Contact details

why do the contact details only allow for ONE phone number?
I am in the process of trying to move from Metronet to PlusNet.
twice, Customer Services have tried to contact me  - or so they say.
Once, during the day, they left a message on my home phone. which, of course, i didn't get until I got home by which time it was after 6 so I couldn't call them back.
The second time no-one even bothered to leave a message so I'm not too sure quite how they're trying to contact me. maybe by carrier pigeon.
who knows.
and why they  need to speak to me rather than send me an email is also a bit of a puzzle. Huh
33 REPLIES 33
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Contact details

I don't know about the Metronet side of things, but on the Plusnet portal, on this page I can enter a contact number and a mobile number.  The CSC is open 24/7.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Hi John,
We certainly should be able to add a mobile phone number on your account.
If you'd like to PM me that number, I'll happily add it for you.
JohnGalloway
Grafter

on my interim PN account, i have my work number and my mobile.
on my MN account there is only my home number.
the MN folk haven't asked for any other numbers.
both PN & MN have my email address.
all i get are cryptic messages like this:
We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support Centre has now escalated your Question [number  28081413 ] for further investigation.
The following comment was added to the Question Dear mr galloway, I tried to call today to resolve your issue, we have migrated your service to the Plusnet package but need valid payment details on the Plusnet package in order to complete the transferr.
Internal
Please attempt to contact EU to get payment details for Plusnet account.
Regards,
J+++ A+++++
i got no messages on my answerphone so can only assume that no-one has tried to actrually contact me directly.
James
Grafter

Hi John,
If you could possibly log into your Plusnet account to add relevant payment details, then we'll be able to start moving your service over to the Plusnet account.
JohnGalloway
Grafter

thanks james
I've updated the payment details for my PlusNet account
john
JohnGalloway
Grafter

so it's now been a week since I asked MN to give me some indication of how long the migration process will take ...
and (no prizes for guessing) I've not heard a thing ...:-\
what is the point of having a online query service if no one uses it Roll_eyes
especially when , every time I Logon to my MN home page, i'm informed IN VERY BIG LETTERS that "Our Support Team has replied to Your Query".
And, somehow, I'm not convinced the PN will be any better ...
James
Grafter

Hi John,
That's strange - I can't see a ticket on your account where you've asked us for that information.
However, if you'd like to give us a call and ask us to start moving your account across (we could do it within a couple of days or on your next billing date if that's more convenient), everything should be set up already for us to start the process.
I'm sorry it's been dragging out a bit!
JohnGalloway
Grafter

james
thanks for the prompt reply.
my question(s) are on my MN  ticket 28081413 ...
anyway, WHO should I call? MN or PN ?
more pertinently, WHY do I have to spend time hanging on the phone when it should all be done electronically?
John
James
Grafter

Hi John,
Okay, something crazy has happened with your ticket and it's gone into a ticket pool that just doesn't get looked at and I'm very sorry that's happened.
Because Metronet and Plusnet are all the same company, it doesn't matter who you call, you'll speak to the same people Smiley
If you give us a ring (or raise another ticket) we'll be able to get things rolling for you.  There's currently not anyone waiting to have their calls answered.
JohnGalloway
Grafter

So I've rung PlusNet  on 0845 140 0200 - and had to deal with an agent N SOUTH AFRICA apparently.
and the man says nothing can be progressed until somebody MIGHT ring me back tomorrow.
THAT really makes mne feel like a highly valued customer ... I can't find the Absolutely Speechless icon ...

James
Grafter

Me either.
That's not good enough.  Give me a few minutes.
James
Grafter

John,
I think I've done everything that I need to.
Can you try logging into your Plusnet account now please?
You'll need to change your username and password in your modem and router (yourusername@plusdsl.net & the password your chose).
Let me know once you have and that it's working and I'll close your Metronet account.
JohnGalloway
Grafter

james
Huzzah.
.I shall get on to that soon as I get home.
Many thanks for your help.
John Cheesy
James
Grafter

Thanks John.
Let me know and then I can shut your Metronet account down as obviously I don't want you paying for something you're not using.