cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Times.

colintivy
Rising Star

Connection Times.

I know that most of the posts here are about Line speed issues (which I do have at the moment) but I have observed a new phenomenon which is rather like watching paint dry, Waiting for Webmail.plus.net  and Community.plus.net can be most time consuming when you are anxious to get on. Is this an indication of a much wider use of Squirelmail and logging on to Community?  Perhaps an increase in line capacity in these areas might not come amiss?  It is lovely when the lag is shortish but............!
colintivy  Sad
Edit...typo removed.
8 REPLIES 8
Mand
Grafter

Re: Connection Times.

Hi there,
I've not seen any widespread reports of slowness with either community or webmail.
Are you sure they're slow to load and that it's not your connection dropping?
What does a tracert to either show?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

With due respect - that is because we have given up complaining.
Without exception the portal is the slowest site I go to.
We did do some checking using Firebug but nothing was ever done to fix it
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77925.0.html
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Here, here, a 1000 times here here.
Community is very slow (especially the last few days) and the Portal is atrocious.
Colin, a very large Inbox can slow down webmail displaying. I keep meaning to move a lot of mine to a backup folder.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...and clearing out an IMAP Spam folder can be a pain as selecting more than around 50 at a time causes a time-out >:(.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi! Folks
Very impressed with high level support!!!
I missed the August postings...too much agriculture needed attention!  I have highlighted the Webmail as slow, often about 1-2 minutes when you want it to do something like shift emails for instance. Community only seems to hang when I have tried to log-in,then it can be many minutes, but not consistently, sometimes 10-20 secs. I generally do not have any problem worthy of a gripe with the main portal etc., a few seconds as mentioned in the  quoted posts seems to be not too bad for a geriatric user with even older machinery and a bit of damp string joining me to the exchange! To some extent it looks like the sheer volume of traffic just when I do things.
colintivy
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi folks!!!
Just a quick word to say that both offending functions have performed beautifully this morning at 10.49. Bound to be a coincidence of course?
colintivy Smiley
colintivy
Rising Star

A further Hi folks!
Webmail & Community not at all bad today but all my forum pages have now taken to scrolling as though they are using crutches!!  I note that my download speed via mybroadband speed is 800 odd kbps (has been up to 2.877 kbps not long ago!) and speedtester.bt will not even work! Oh hum life is confusing. Sadly no posh Master socket, a router that is difficult to get routerstats out of (bt V 210 from PN), lots of phones but all on filters, and nothing has changed as far as I know.
colintivy
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi x3 Folks,
Not a lot of change from my last....Webmail & Community tolerable but Down speed even worse,  730 kbps Up speed 375 (usual). both on Mybroadband, have not tried bt yet.  Must dash.... SWMBO pressing!!
colintivy Sad