Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Failure

TW
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Connection Failure

Recent failure of my broadband connection was distressing but Plusnet rapidly restored a lower speed connection which was helpful.
The telephone connection failed completely and was not restored for 5 days (Openreach) - not so helpful biut maybe not a Plusnet fault.
This is now working well..just in time for a 30 minute wait for technical support for the again lost BB connection.
However the wait was well worthwhile as the advisor was knowledgeable, polite and helpful and soon had my connection reset.
So, some delay but in the end success. Not half bad Plusnet...
3 REPLIES 3
raymondkohn

Re: Connection Failure

I do not know if it is BT: but over the past month I have been losing connectivity frequently. The last time this happened I changed my router, but that was only a few months ago so I do not think that is the issue this time. As I need a reliale connection because of the festival organising that I do on a voluntary basis, loss of connectivity means loss of concert dates, loss of venue slots and loss of communication with professional musicians needing to know what they are doing. So I think I need to know whether this loss is merely a Xmas hiccup or whether I am going to need to change provider. Sad
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Raymondkohn,
I'll ask the mods to split this off to its own thread.  A warm welcome to the forums.
There is a number of reasons which might be the cause of your issue - few of them will be fixed by changing ISPs, as you will have exactly the same telephone line between your home and the exchange, indeed you'll have the same wires in your home.
Please take a look at the speed issues thread - see the link below - and also tell us if its ADSL or FTTC.
Is the phone line quiet?  Dial 17070 option 2 using a corded phone in the master socket.
Is the router plugged direct (no extension leads) into the master socket?
Are there any phone extensions (used or not)?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@TW
Thanks for the positive comments, it's a shame they came from a fault but glad to see it's back up for you.
@raymondkohn
I've taken a look over your account and can see you've contacted us a couple of times and we've advised you to raise a fault for investigation, unfortunately this doesn't appear to have been done. If you continue to have problems we need a fault reporting to investigate this. You can report one at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.