cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused?????

jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

Confused?????

Just out of chance I have looked at packages available with Plusnet and found once again prices have altered and nobody has informed of this.
Getting pretty sick and tired of not being told of new products coming from yourselves.  Happened previously and now again.  Not sure when these packages have been made available but as you are probably more than likely aware I am probably not the only one paying more than they should be if they were kept informed.
I am on a premium package with 120gig usage limit costing 19.99.  I now see there are on the main page there is a package costing 4.99 for half price for twelve months rising to 9.99.  Then if I choose to change my package there is one that looks exactly the same costing 16.99.   Both these new options I see have unlimited usage against my 120gig at a more expensive price?
Could someone please explain to me the differences in these three packages and then tell me why I haven't been notified via email from Plusnet about these new cheaper packages.
15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No communication??????????

The fact that on product change you get £16.99 is because you are on presumably a Market 1 exchange and if you didn't want to be tied to a new  12 month contract it would be £19.49
Further information here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110092.0.html
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

It's ok you giving me a link  now but surely it should be down to Plusnet to get this information out to it's customer.  We're in the year 2013 so surely isn't that difficult.  I could be already tied to a contract with 10 months left so how would that not be an improvement on my payment plan from 19.99 to 16.99.
It's bad enough that I have to pay nearest damn it double than most for being on Market 1 but to make matters worst when I could get a cash saving on switching plans no bugger feels the need to tell me.
Seriously come on.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You think Plusnet should inform you of new tariffs just like the emails you get from your gas and electricity suppliers when they introduce new tariffs which could be to your advantage?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gswindale
Grafter

Hmm,
http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/12/15/christmas-is-coming-early-at-plusnet/
http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/12/19/unlimited-broadband-is-here/
Looks like they announced it to the majority of their customer base to me.
I am wondering if, as I think I have, you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from PN?
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

You mean this?

Choose what you would like to hear about from PlusNet
We take the protection of your privacy seriously. We'll only ever use your personal information to contact you in accordance with the choices you've made below, or to tell you about any important service announcement that may affect you directly. This commitment is described in our Terms and Conditions of Use and Privacy Policy.
I would prefer not to receive electronic communications about the special offers, promotions and services available from PlusNet

Please be aware that these communications may include offers that will lower the cost of your Internet access. We advise you to check the portal website regularly for the latest announcements.
It is PlusNet policy never to share your personal details with any other companies or individuals without your permission. However, we may need to provide your name and delivery address to companies that we use for the purposes of delivering specific services to you (e.g. Broadband service, or a shipping company if you have asked us to send something to you).
I have the box unticked so I should receive these emails if they ever do send them out.
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

Quote from: geofftswin
Hmm,
http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/12/15/christmas-is-coming-early-at-plusnet/
http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/12/19/unlimited-broadband-is-here/
Looks like they announced it to the majority of their customer base to me.
I am wondering if, as I think I have, you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from PN?

So if you do not go onto the community page you would never know.  I only tend to go onto the members centre to check how much usage I have left for the month.
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
You think Plusnet should inform you of new tariffs just like the emails you get from your gas and electricity suppliers when they introduce new tariffs which could be to your advantage?

I do see your point.  It would be nice if loyal customers got something occasionally instead of all the offers and backdoor loyalty discounts going to new customers or customers wanting to leave.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

It would be nice if loyal customers got something occasionally instead of all the offers and backdoor loyalty discounts going to new customers or customers wanting to leave.

But it's just the same business model with house & car insurance, gas & electricity etc etc etc. Why do you expect Plusnet to be any different?
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

That makes it ok then  Huh
dick:quote
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Its not in business interest to spend time and money informing existing customers directly of cheaper packages, business are here to make money.
Its up to the customer to spend the time looking at current deals on offer, if they are unhappy with what they are paying .
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for your feedback guys, I'm sorry if anyone feels left out but I'd always advise not to remain reliant alone on receiving emails from us about new packages. I'd always advise keeping an eye on the changes made to our site and the announcements section of this forum to find out about new packages and offerings.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

Thanks for the apology Adam.  Shall keep a look out on here in future, if you could feedback that customers much prefer to be kept up to date via email and not have to rely on seeing things online I'd appreciate it.  I know emailing works as I do receive my direct debit notice twice a month  Cheesy
dick:quote
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: jo11yr0ger
if you could feedback that customers much prefer to be kept up to date via email and not have to rely on seeing things online I'd appreciate it.

Although not all customers do.  I'm happy with keeping my phone line with BT for example ( last time I costed it; PN were slightly more expensive due to charging for Caller ID!).  I don't want to be receiving a "Why don't you sign up for PN Phone?" email every month.  That is why I opted out of the marketing emails.
Having said that though it does seem a little bizarre from a marketing point of view not to email their customers of new products when they are signed up for marketing emails!
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

Been browsing the web and checking current deals on here and to be honest I'm more than a little confused.  Not sure whether its that Plusnet are just offering the Market 2-3 prices and not Market 1 or maybe I've just been looking for too long.
unlimited Broadband it states 9.99
unlimited Broadband and phone 4.99 half price for 12 months?
With me being already a customer will I get this half price for 12 months offer?
BT are offering 16.00 unlimited broadband(free for 6 months) + 10.50 line rental + 5.00 anytime calls = £31.50.
Currently I see plusnet can offer 16.99 unlimited broadband + 13.99 line rental + 4.00 anytime calls = £34.98.
Is this correct or am I missing something?