Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused, is Plusnet telling lies?

karmi
Grafter

Confused, is Plusnet telling lies?

Hello there!
After some problems and general degradation of service I bit the bullet and decided to move to Bethere to finally get away from IPStream and move to LLU where I am hoping the grass is greener. Obviously only time will tell on that one but -
When I phoned up Plusnet (after waiting 20 mins to get through to escalate a fault with Interleaving which is now down as a level 2 fault something to do with BTWholesale and PN side discrepancy) I phoned up to request a MAC code under the pretense I had 30 days to use it and may not need to if the problems are sorted but if they aren't I have a way to get moved if the problems were not sorted.
I phoned up to request my MAC code and after a further 15 minutes was through to the Loyalty team or whatever you guys call it; requested a MAC to move to BE and obviously was encouraged to stay and whatnot and the guy seemed very friendly and knowledgeable but told me because Bethere is LLU and you are with Plusnet on BT Wholesale you don't need a MAC code. You would just need to sign up and phone us back to let us know when your activation day is so we can stop your service.
So after a brief further chat I said I would get back in touch to let you guys know when I was moving to Bethere after considering the offer to move to PN Premium or something for 20p more for a further 40gb usage. To my shock when I phoned up Bethere to confirm what was said they told me that to migrate from Plusnet I would infact need a MAC key and that what I was told was incorrect.
Now I don't want to be one of those moany sods but is it standard procedure to lie to your customers to retain them? After waiting 15 minutes to get through to be told I didn't infact need a MAC code and not having one requested whilst not having time to phone back mostlikely till Monday as I work till 6pm its just another frustration when you get poor broadband service and in this case customer service. Just a letdown all round..
Will phone back on Monday then and just cements my reasons for leaving. Good effort..
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Confused, is Plusnet telling lies?

is it standard procedure to lie to your customers to retain them?

Certainly not, it sounds to me that the person on the customer options team might not have been aware of the fact that Bethere do both LLU (which doesn't require a MAC) and Ipstream services (which do need a MAC). It sounds like they are offering you the latter.
I'll make sure we respond with a MAC key.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Myst
Grafter

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93116.0.html
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
but as the systems were down on this date this order was not processed

I fear this was blamed in error, we'll be honest with you if there was a system issue, I just fear we weren't honest in the first place, apologies.
Also I have expedited your order and to confirm again it will complete tomorrow.

On that thread, the same staff member admits they are not always honest, so i guess yes, some do tell lies!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Ah!. But !... he could have been lying, when he was telling you he was being honest about lying.....
"Good Honest Broadband................................................... From Yokshu !.." Roll_eyes
Apprentice
Grafter

@ karmi
BE are LLU providers they don't supply BT IP Stream broadband (AFAIK), O2 supply LLU  broadband and IP Stream broadband.
A MAC is required to move to an ISP providing broadband through LLU.
A MAC is not required if you are migrating and getting a full LLU package i.e. phone calls, line rental and broadband.