cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused and disappointed

Carora

Confused and disappointed

I was due to have fibre optic broadband installed in my flat this afternoon between 1-6pm and so booked the day off work especially. Waited until around 5.30pm and the engineer hadn't made contact so gave plus net a call and was told not to worry and that he should be there by 6. 6 o'clock came and went and no sign of the engineer so I called back and was told that the appointment was actually for tomorrow afternoon (despite me receiving an email and a text confirming that the appointment was for today). The icing on the cake was when I was told that if I wasn't at home when the engineer comes tomorrow I would be charged a appointment cancellation/rescheduling fee of £40! I wasn't having any of that and luckily they backed down and said they would make a note on the system to say I shouldn't be charged.
However the problem still remains that it is very unlikely I will be able to take tomorrow afternoon off work at such short notice (I will check with my boss tomorrow but don't hold up much hope) and also plus net have told me that I am unable to cancel tomorrow's appointment and reschedule as it is less than 24 hours notice!
So disappointed and confused about why I received email and text confirmation that the appointment was for today (26th) and then am told that it is actually for the 27th! I assume it was rescheduled and nobody thought it was important to tell me! Very poor customer service.

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Confused and disappointed

Hi there,
Really sorry about this, I'm going to make sure some feedback is passed on about you being given the wrong date, it looks like an honest mistake but we appreciate the impact that's had. Regarding charges we wouldn't want to charge anyone who missed an appointment when it's not their fault so that won't happen.
As per what we advised when you called last night (from what I can see noted on the account) we'd advise missing tomorrow's appointment deliberately if you're unable to arrange for yourself or anyone else to be in and following that we'll arrange another appointment for you for the soonest possible date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
syates
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Really sorry about this, I'm going to make sure some feedback is passed on about you being given the wrong date, it looks like an honest mistake but we appreciate the impact that's had. Regarding charges we wouldn't want to charge anyone who missed an appointment when it's not their fault so that won't happen.

Wow.. I'm gobsmacked.  If this is what is meant by customer support, then I'm surprised you even get one star.  This person has taken a day off work because of your mistake, honest or not, and that is entirely your fault.  If I were in this situation, I would be looking for compensation for the inconvenience you have caused, both in the loss of a days vacation entitlement and the ensuing delay in getting a fibre connection.
Poor show Plusnet!
Carora

Luckily managed to get this afternoon off work and the engineer turned up to install the broadband. He was very friendly and it seems to be working well so thanks for that.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem and thanks for taking the time to let us know. Glad that's been resolved quickly Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team