cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complicated referals

jorvikmik
Grafter

Complicated referals

After getting the email about referals I explained to a couple of new potential customers that they would get the first 3 month free, but when one of them signed up for 12 months he was charged the first months rental even though he entered that he was being refered by me.
As the lad who signed up to Plusnet paid for the 1st month at £6.49 will he get the 3 months free at the rate that will apply when he is given them?
The second lad said after he saw that BT didn't charge £25 connection fee on a 12 month contract and it seemed clearer what he would be paying for he would opt for them.

It's not very clear to him nor me.
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Complicated referals

Hi jorvikmik,
Sorry that it seems so complicated. Basically the person who is referred pays for their first month of broadband, and then the next three months are free (we add discounts from this side). For the referrer, the free broadband starts from their next billing date.
Hope that clears things up.
jorvikmik
Grafter

Hi Matt
Does that mean that they get 2 months at £6.49 and then 1 at £12.99 for free, or do they just get 3 * £6.49 discounted from their bill.
Not worried about when I get my free months, just about getting it right when telling folk.
It now makes 4 out of 9 broadband users on our island using Plusnet.
Mike
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi jorvikmik,
I'm sorry for the late reply.
Basically the referals are done by percentages rather than ammounts, hence taking into account differences in subscription prices. I hope that answers your question.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jorvikmik
Grafter

Thanks - that's fine