cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

Bezzabee
Hooked

Complaint

My Partner had to move in with his ill father almost 12 months ago as his full time carer, i recommended he take plusnet there as we had it at home,   His father passed away a few days ago so he no longer has any rights to live in the house so we have contacted PN and asked for the contract to be canceled on compassionate grounds as it cannot be used there as the house will soon be empty....PN  insist on him paying for the 7 months of the contract even though it cannot be used and it cannot be taken to another address as when he returns home with me his partner  i already have a PN contract ( i recommended he go with them in first place).... I think it is callous and uncompassionate that they insist on a grieving person paying for the remaining contract that cannot be used .... partner being a full time carer no longer has income to pay as he has lost the carers allowance ...................................... the company has no comapssion and it is cruel acting this way to a grieving son that has no choice

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Complaint

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Review response

I suspect that something has gone a bit wrong here.  The SUs have had this on our discussion boards and our understanding is that these matters should be handled differently.  I'm citing this case in that discussion for a review.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pikster
Hooked

Sorry for your's and your partners loss Sad

Something sounds amiss there, your partner is not expected to pay for the remainder of a contract for someone who has died. Whoever told you that is guessing and very wrong (standard PN service)

Hang fire for the forum staff to get this and fix it... 

N.B

Unless the contract IS in your partners name, then yes he would have to pay it I'm afraid. 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Bezzabee

Thanks for contacting, Please accept my condolences for your loss. if you could pm me with the account details and a contact number we'd be happy to discuss, however I must stress we can only cancel this without charge if it's in the name of the deceased.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Bezzabee
Hooked

IT IS NOT IN THE NAME OF THE DECEASED IF YOU READ POST.............my partner took internet out when he moved back to his fathers to be his  full time carer a year ago........

His father has passed away so now my partner has to get out of the house  so can NO LONGER have the internet at that address.....

He can not move it back here as i aleady have YOUR internet......

how could my partner have known 12 months ago that he would lose his father......

HE`s now got internet that he cant use, at an address he can not live at ........

why would my partners sick old  father  take internet out ? if you read post it is made clear who had it ............

I REPEAT :-

HIS FATHER HAS PASSED AWAY so now my partner who took the internet out a year ago now HAS TO GET OUT OF

THE HOUSE  so can NO LONGER have the internet AT THAT ADDRESS......HE CAN NOT MOVE THE INTERNET BACK

HERE as i already have YOUR internet....he cant pay for something that HE`S NOT GOT/NOT GETTING AND CAN NOT USE

and CAN NOT TAKE IT TO ANOTHER HOUSE

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Bezzabee

Are you still in contract on your own account? If not could you cancel your account (that would incur the £25 cancellation fee)  and then move you partner's account to the line as a free house move? It would tie him in to a new contract and if you use your Plusnet email address you would lose that so it may not be possible.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Bezzabee
Hooked

Hi... I am still in contact myself with plusnet hence why he can not bring it back here.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Whilst I do appreciate the circumstances and I'm sorry for your loss, sadly we can't waive cancellation fees if the account isn't in the name of the deceased. We could potentially still move his service to your address by installing a second line, but ultimately it may work out cheaper to pay the cancellation fees instead of paying monthly for the service.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bezzabee
Hooked

What is the point of another line at an address that I already pay for...... Ive never known such a uncaring, callous company.... Ive recommended quite a few people  ie  partners family and friends , my family and friends to your company....well were all leaving in the next 2 months when the contacts are up... And were all letting others know...... Its going on social media warning everyone of what your really  like ....

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps edited as per Forum rules.

Bezzabee
Hooked

Hi i would like to say a big thank you to [CSA Removed] who has now resolved this problem with care and understanding

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.