cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint raised - no response!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Complaint raised - no response!

I raised a complaint regarding confusion around early termination charges last week (ticket #106345153). Five working days later and I have had no response.
Please could a member of staff let me know when I will receive a response?
Or maybe I missed the announcement that ‘We are always striving to improve our award winning customer service, and as a result we no longer bother adhering to the time scales detailed in our complaints policy. This will allow us to have the majority of our staff working on other ways to reduce our costs through reduced services to customers, and maximise income by thinking up new ways to increase prices’ Huh
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Complaint raised - no response!

Well, in the absence of a response from Plusnet here, I asked on the live chat service when I might receive a response to my complaint.
I was told that 'this team is running a bit behind and currently the queue is at about 7 working days'... The explanation for this was that 'unfortunately as we have recently removed a lot of ticket links people are raising here for minor queries instead of chatting for example and therefore this is causing a bit of a backlog.'
An entirely predictable response to Plusnet's restriction of the ticketing system, perhaps? Maybe it's time Plusnet reconsidered their action to reduce the use of tickets?
In the meantime, I guess I just have to wait even longer for a sensible response to what I thought was a very simple and straightforward question about early termination charges on my account.
Edit: I should point out that my complaint was as a result of the nonsensical response I got when I phoned with my query a week ago - see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140836.0.html
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry for the delay.
I can see somebody is picking this up for you now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: alanj
I was told that 'this team is running a bit behind and currently the queue is at about 7 working days'... The explanation for this was that 'unfortunately as we have recently removed a lot of ticket links people are raising here for minor queries instead of chatting for example and therefore this is causing a bit of a backlog.'
An entirely predictable response to Plusnet's restriction of the ticketing system, perhaps?

No perhaps about it - it's what we expected.
Quote from: alanj
Maybe it's time Plusnet reconsidered their action to reduce the use of tickets?

Going by what we've seen so far it looks like there's little chance of that.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Matthew. - I have now had a response. I can't help wondering when (if?) this would have been picked up if I hadn't raised it on here...
@Jelv: sadly I think you're right. Such a shame that Plusnet's attitude to customers seems to have deteriorated so much recently. I, for one, will be voting with my feet - and I would urge others to do the same. Maybe if enough customers leave they will rethink their current attitude.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I think quantity is what PN are after now. Quality is going down the plughole unfortunately.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We would still have got round to it but at the moment we are a little behind.
We are catching up quickly though and I'm confident that the response times will be back to normal soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Matthew,
What is being done about the CAUSES of reasons to complain?  Surely prevention of causes to complain is more proficient and more likely to retain users than allowing issues to reach a formal complaint situation?
In the absence of comments to the contrary, one can only conclude that it is weak leadership.  The problems might well be legion and it might well feel that there is no control PlusNet can have over its suppliers, however whilst that remains accepted and tolerated, there will be no change.  Change comes from strong leadership, which is interested in doing the right things for the customer base, as opposed to what is seen to be expedient for individual's careers.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.