cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint - multiple services failures.

chodaxuk
Dabbler

Complaint - multiple services failures.

I am logging this here because so far I have been unable to speak or webchat anyone at Plusnet despite repeated attempts.

Today I recieved an email informing me that the letters sent in December 2019 regarding price changes were factually wrong and did not advise my right to cancel, therefore Plusnet are removing the extra costs for a 3 month window and allowing anyone in contract a month to lodge 14 days notice to cease service.

Today I have rang on 3 occasions, have gotten through to customer service agents who have all disconnected on me at various stages, I have not been in any way rude or abrupt, I am just asking to exercise my right to terminate my contract. 

I have tried to lodge formal complaint via webchat, this is also down and has been all day, I have tried multiple browers on pc and android, there is not a fault at my end, the webchat is currently not in service.

Therefore I am using this as the first step in my lodging formal complaint, I am well aware of OFGOM complaints guidelines, I expect a complaint to be opened, a complaint number provided, signposting to your complaints handling procedure and for my complaint to stay open until I am satisfied.

Please confirm as per my request above.

9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Complaint - multiple services failures.

The complaints code of practice (and process) can be found at the bottom of every Plusnet web page ... including this one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mezzor
Grafter

Don't waste your time waiting for Live Chat. Plusnet have stated that this won't be supported moving forwards. Only way is to call them I'm afraid.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Townman wrote:
The complaints code of practice (and process) can be found at the bottom of every Plusnet web page ... including this one.

Oh the Irony!!!

"If you're a Plusnet residential or business broadband or home phone customer, here's how to contact us.

By phone or chat

The fastest way to let us know if you're not happy with your service is by using Plusnet Chat or contacting us by phone (0800 432 0200, 7.30am - 10pm every day). You can raise a complaint via either of these methods and these are the best ways to get a quick resolution to any issue."

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

If you read just a little further you would have also found...

Help Assistant

If you prefer to contact us in writing, you can use the Help Assistant to raise a ticket (you'll need your account username and password). A member of our team will investigate and respond to your complaint within 5 working days.

By letter

If you prefer, you can make a complaint by writing to the address below.

To help us deal with your complaint as quickly as possible, we recommend including some information to help us find your account. Things like your username, postcode and telephone number of the service you're complaining about are really helpful.

Once we receive your letter we will respond within 10 working days. If you need a quicker response, please use one of the other methods mentioned above.

Our address is:
Plusnet plc
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I did read it all. However, the irony is that the frst thing they mention is to contact them by chat, which is now closed.

Thanks for the patronising input though 🙄

edit: Although reply may ot have been aimed at me, but as the reply wasn't quote and a direct response to me, I suspect it was.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Many people read these posts. Unless they actually go and look for themselves they could have concluded what was quoted is all that the complaints procedure offers. To be honest that’s why I checked for myself.

Making clear that there was other contact routes, beyond what appeared to be a very selective quote in an attempt to ridicule, seemed pretty fair.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

@Townman wrote:
, beyond what appeared to be a very selective quote in an attempt to ridicule, seemed pretty fair.

It was a very selective quote, specifically because they ask you to complain by chat and that facility has been removed. Do you not find that ironic? No ridicule involved though (maybe a dig at PN), only quoted you as your post had the link to the defunct method of contact (which has obviously been discussed to death elsewhere). That said, perhaps the staff ought to earmark those pages for removal of the chat link?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @chodaxuk,

I'm very sorry for the trouble that you've had getting in touch with us to discuss your right to cancel due to the price increase and for the poor experience that you've had with the advisors that you've spoken to. On checking your account, I can confirm that our executive team have now received your complaint. A case handler will be looking into this for you and you should receive a response within the next few days at the latest.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Townman  Your "selective" approach does not do you any favours...

the guy was directed by the instructions to contact PN by chat... 

and that has been removed. 

your "further information"  that you posted  states 

"If you prefer......... "    well ... obviously,.... he preferred to contact by chat....

so the remaining information was rightly discarded...

Many people would "prefer" to contact plusnet, via chat... rather than the phone.. or writing...

BUT   Live Chat has been CLOSED for a few weeks now....

, yet plusnet is still telling customers to use chat to contact them....