cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint - Who do you write to?

AndrewH

Complaint - Who do you write to?

Hello
To cut to the chase who/where do you write to to complain about A) PlusNet call centre staff and B) PlusNets general service please?
I have had the contract for getting on for a year (started 30th April 09).  and in the last few months the service keeps cutting out/dropping/not working.  I phoned for advice on how to fix it and the person was unhelpfull and rude.  Because of this I phoned to cancel the contract with it ending at the end of May/After one more payment (so I would have had it over a year).
I was told there is a £25 fee to do this.  I am not paying that it is not in the T&Cs that you must do this (I have looked if I just missed it please advise me where it says that) and it is not legal to charge somebody to end a contract.  I was told there is a one off service cost to PlusNet (words to that effect) which is passed on but that is tough it is not my look out to pay that cost if everybody always pays that cost then PlusNet need to factor it in when charging for the 12 months initially and make it £1ish a month more expensive. 
If you provide a service for a fixed amont it is your (PlusNets) duty to factor in all costs and you cannot randomly (it does not say anywhere) start charging people to leave!  Why not just charge £100, or £1000, it is ridiculous and I am pretty sure that charge is unenforcible in law unless you told me about it at the time I joined.  When I said I wanted to leave and would not pay the £25 on the phone today I was told it would just go straight to "debt recovery" then.  Which is charming.  Say I did not have the £25 to pay?  So I am therefore forced to take this service (which does not work!) forever?  Is that what your saying?
Sorry I am going on now, could somebody from PlusNet please tell me who/where I write to to complain about this and also clarify if what I was told is correct and that EVERYBODY must pay £25 to stop being a PlusNet customer.  I would like one of PlusNets legal representitives to comfirm that this is legal please?
Thankyou
Andrew H
8 REPLIES 8
itsme
Grafter

Re: Complaint - Who do you write to?

It is in the T&C's the £25 is the cessation charge from BT Wholesale http://portal.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml
If you want to move your broadband to another ISP then request a MAC as this will not invoke the cessation charge.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Good afternoon Andrew H,
Itsme is correct in their response about the relevance of such charges. Please bear in mind that paying the option of cancelation by paying £25 (whether this is actually paid or is refused by the customer) means that we cease the connection altogether, this can lead to downtime and further charges to move to a new provider. A MAC would allow you to migrate the service avoiding that. I would advise that its worth bearing in mind that there is a good chance that your fault could end up moving with you.
I am sorry if you have had a bad experience in dealing with support but as an experienced agent at dealing with faults and complaints I am willing offer my ownership of dealing with this fault for you until it has come to a conclusion and I'm more than happy to keep you regularly updated in the meantime.
Please let me know if you are willing to go ahead with this
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AndrewH

Thankyou very much for the replies.
After phoning back again I spoke to somebody (Shakira?) who was actually not rude and was instead helpfull/informative, and I think it has now been settled.
I shall be phoning back in 4 days (when actually have been a customer 365 days) although I have PAID for 12 months already, but for the sake of 4 days it is not a big deal to wait.  And then I will move to 02 using the MAC code.
This was not ever mentioned to me as an option originally by the original operator (s) who just told me I HAD to pay £25 I had no choice.  I am moving now because of the general attitude/nature of the original operators on the phone who either seemed to think my problems were funny and/or did the bare minimum to help and seemed intent on annoying me/ripping me off where possible.
Since my post here that has changed and everybody has been polite and helpfull, but it is too late now.  Again, thankyou for (I think) solving my problem now I feel much better about the whole thing.
Andrew H
twentythree
Grafter

Quote from: adamwalker
I am willing offer my ownership of dealing with this fault for you until it has come to a conclusion and I'm more than happy to keep you regularly updated in the meantime.

As AndrewH has declined the offer, can I take it up? Or do I have to threaten to leave too?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

AndrewH,
I'm sorry that you still wish to leave and completely respect they way you feel if you've been let down by us, I would like to mention that we do take customer feedback of this nature very seriously and do our utmost to translate this into action whether that be correcting any wrong information that could have been provided or giving training and feedback to any agents that may have had a hand in prompting a complaint such as the one you have raised here. My offer remains in case you have any further issues with us or if you decide to change your mind and see how things pan out from here.
twentythree,
We will make offers like this where I can see a need for them and where a customer may have had a negative experience in dealing with support. Hijacking this thread would not be helpful to AndrewH  in case he does wish to come back to continue discussions on that subject so I would urge you to send me a PM outlining what you are dissatisfied with here.  In Andrew H's case training issues were identified which is why I wanted to step in. I've had a look at your account and can see that our faults team are dealing with you at the moment. It is obvious that urgency is required with your ticket which I will prompt now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: adamwalker
I would urge you to send me a PM outlining what you are dissatisfied with here.

Adam,
I suggest http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=12472;sa=showPosts would be a good place for you to look.
twentythree has good reason to be unhappy!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Jelv,
I will go and have a look at this. A member of our faults team who is already familiar with this case is dealing with it at the moment.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
twentythree
Grafter

@ jelv - I'm glad it's not just me that thinks I have good reason to be unhappy!
@adamwalker - apologies for hijacking the OP's thread, I just wanted to make a point and get the kind of response I felt my situation required. Hopefully with your input my fault can be progressed a bit better than it has been so far.