cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Competitions

gwillym
Grafter

Competitions

That are not open to all of your subscribers - unfair.
I refer to your latest 'win an ipad' competition which requires the entrant to have a Facebook account. I abhor social media do not and will never have such an account and therefore am prevented from entering.
thanks very much, I don't think
27 REPLIES 27
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Competitions

I agree completely
davidg52
Grafter

Ditto
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

+1
keith4x4
Grafter

and another one (Social media = 12 year old school girl mentality)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

+1
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
x47c
Grafter

+1
gromittz
Grafter

#+1
Smiley
charlesb224
Dabbler

+1
I had a rant at topcashback for the same thing with a competition that required a facebook account.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We do prize draws via different mediums and for different reasons, this one is to increase our awareness on Facebook. I understand that not everyone uses Facebook, but as the saying goes 'you can't please all the people all the time'.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Alex likes this thread (sorry).
Yeah I guess it's just a way to get free advertising within Facebook, the cost of the iPad being far less than the advertising itself.
Think it's more outrageous it's the WiFi only 16GB model (i.e. cheapest one) on offer, come on PlusNet you could have at least gone for the 64Gb 3G model? Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Chris
'you can't please all the people all the time'.

But that is no excuse for upsetting some of the people all of the time! Your recent history of competitions isn't good:
September 25th, 2013 Win an iPad - Facebook members only
August 1st, 2013 Yorkshire day 18 months free unlimited fibre broadband - Facebook members only
July 25th, 2013 Gadgets of the future Ouya game consoles - only twits can enter
May 7th, 2013 Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon place - Facebook members only
March 14th, 2013 Win an iPad - Facebook members only
I've obviously missed the recent competitions open to people who don't do Faceache and who are not twits - could you point me to them please.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

None of my family want or will ever sign up for Facebook or Twitter - they are clearly services for moronic or gullible people who need to get a life  Angry
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: gwillym
I abhor social media do not and will never have such an account and therefore am prevented from entering.

Strictly speaking you are only prevented from entering by your own (however sensible) choice.
I am prevented from wining the national lottery by my choice not to waste money on a ticket.
I miss out on newspaper competitions by choosing not buying newspapers.

I have entered the Plusnet competition on Facething (thanks for the 'heads-up' btw) but I think my chances of winning are minimal so I will probably be no worse off than you.
Quote from: purleigh
None of my family want or will ever sign up for Facebook or Twitter - they are clearly services for moronic or gullible people who need to get a life  Angry

Or you could sign up just to enter competitions (and take no further part).  Lips_are_sealed

It would be nice if a decent proportion of Plusnet competitions were operated via the Plusnet home page rather than elsewhere though - by all means link to them from Facething, Twitty etc. but I'd have thought that getting punters onto the Plusnet site might be better from a marketing perspective anyway.
Instead of i-thing prizes, what about a year's broadband?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
JamesM
Grafter

Quote from: purleigh
None of my family want or will ever sign up for Facebook or Twitter - they are clearly services for moronic or gullible people who need to get a life   Angry

What an absolutely moronic thing to say, I have heard some gibberish in my time but some of the people in these forums are just the most idiotic self righteous people I have ever seen writing in forums. If you don't use Facebook then that is your prerogative but DO NOT call others moronic or gullible because they want to keep in touch with friends and relatives in other parts of the world. I don't use Facebook, but a lot of my family and friends do and you have just insulted them, which in turn insults me.
I feel sorry for people like you who are single minded and insult others just because they use something you do not like. Wind your neck in you small minded little person.
Then there is jelv, another one who just spouts gibberish, thinking he is clever with his thinly veiled insults, calling people who use twitter "twits", a person who started a thread called constructive posting, what a joke, take a look at your posts and tell me where the constructive words are, you are one of the worst offenders of insults, you are so pathetic it is laughable.
As for the competitions only being open to Facebook users and other social media services, welcome to the 21st century.