Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Passwords get over-written

colintivy
Rising Star

Community Passwords get over-written

Hi Folks,
I have the problem of my chosen password to log into Community being automatically overwritten by what might appear to be my Plus.net password, with the result that I keep getting "incorrect password" error messages when I have put in the proper one. I can correct this by putting the right one in by email but it is a bit of a nuisance. Is this due to the fact that there is some similarity between the two, although they are different word lengths? It has never happened before, so has a prompting mechanism been added recently?Huh
Shocked
6 REPLIES 6
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Community Passwords get over-written

Clear your cookies and cache to solve all ills Cheesy
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi Ben,
Your link for clearing cookies etc., seems a bit dated. I am on Firefox 3.6.6 at present  and the Tools Menu does not have the Clear Private Data option. It does have Clear recent history which is not the same thing. Also if you select Page info > Security > view cookies then there are some Community ones listed but clicking the remove button does not seem to affect anything. I will watch this space for a bit. Going on a week's hols tomorrow.  Should I have put this post in Community Site?Huh
Embarrassed
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

if you select Clear History when Firefox closes you can then select which parts of the history you want to clear
I had a similar problem and it was a corrupted saved password in Firefox
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you can also go to Tools- Options -Security and clear remembered passwords there
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Colintivy FireFox 3.6.7 is out and fixes a vulnerability that now seems fixed according to my secunia profile, May i suggest you upgrade to it for your own security.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
colintivy
Rising Star

Thanks fellas,
I thought that it looked like old information!  Will follow it all up when I get back from a few days off and withdrawal symptoms!!
  Cheesy  Cheesy