cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment YES - Consistent NO

exporters
Grafter

Commitment YES - Consistent NO

My short experience with PN; committed & helpful - yes but getting a consistent service, disappointing.  I'm wondering if in my case, PN are let down by BT?
After two days of high speeds [for me anyway] bordering on 3.5/4.0 and IP profiles [PN & BTspeedtest] of 4000, I'm back to 2500 IP and correspondingly slow d/loads of <2.  Is it my exchange and can you please do anything about this?  How many "Fingers" do I have to keep crossed to ensure good BBC iPlayer.
Ian
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Commitment YES - Consistent NO

Hi exporters,
Your BT profile has dropped to 2500 as of approx. 2am this morning. There's been an awful lot of disconnects and reconnects showing yesterday (25 at approximate count), I'm not sure if this is you rebooting or if the connection is dropping but I suspect that is the cause of the lowered speed.
exporters
Grafter

Matt, thanks for the info.  I was unaware of all the disconnects - the only two I initiated in the last 24 hrs were a router reboot/disconnect yesterday and again this morning.
SNR has dropped from 17 earlier this am. down now to 13 as I scribe.  On past 3 days experience, this will drop further up to midninght, to about 7/8.
Ian
exporters
Grafter

Just a thought - would BT DACS affect my service?
zubel
Community Veteran

Yes....
To the tune of if you had DACS I'm pretty certain you wouldn't be able to even order ADSL on the line!
B.