Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming back to PlusNet at last!

HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Coming back to PlusNet at last!

Ah, that's better.  Grin
Upstream now 1167kbps, downstream 15980kbps. Interleaving off, presumably both ways.
I've been out and just got back, but my router is reporting 1h30m uptime and a low error rate.  Cool
Thanks to whoever did that.  Wink
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Nothing to do with PlusNet, but to show that the other end of the process works (sort of) I've had an email confirming that my account at Be has been closed and is actually in credit!
It then suggests I log in to my account - which I can't as it's gone!  Crazy So whether I'll ever get that money I've no idea.  Undecided
Edit: I just posted a query on the Be forum and one of the staff has checked and confirms the refund will be processed and paid on my normal billing cycle date - in about 2 weeks time.
Service like that is difficult to find, but one reason why many Be deserters are coming here is the PN reputation for something similar - and they all have high expectations!  Wink
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: HPsauce
Upstream now 1167kbps, downstream 15980kbps. Interleaving off, presumably both ways.

Interesting!  Cheesy
My Downstream speed is now at 18mbps (17987kbps to be precise) at a 3dB margin! Very similar to performance at Be.
I didn't realise DLM dropped below 6dB, or is it more likely that I had a resync at a quiet time and it's still holding?
(Upstream is virtually unchanged and still around 6dB)
My IP profile at BT is now 15.87mbps, sadly the PN one hasn't updated yet and is at 14mbps.  Sad
Rather more odd is that the BT upstream profile is only 0.83mbps, way below the near 1.2mbps actual sync speed.  Shocked
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

On ADSL2+ the lowest is indeed 3dB
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Thanks OJ, I didn't know that.  Cool
Hopefully the PN profile will update to match BT before long.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The number shown for the upstream IP Profile has no technical purpose, Administratively it shows as .83 if upstream is uncapped, .45 if capped.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

... and if it's not there it's a 20CN connection.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: spraxyt
The number shown for the upstream IP Profile has no technical purpose

Having had a rubbish result on the official BT speed test I tried some others, including Speedtest.net. That gave an upload of around 1mbps so I'm happy.  Cheesy
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Hopefully the PN profile will update to match BT before long.
But sadly it hasn't.  Sad BT says 15.87mbps, PN only 14mbps.
Can anyone give it a poke sometime this week please, or should I raise a ticket?  Undecided
spickering
Grafter

Hi HPsauce
Updated that for you now.  Smiley
Stuart
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Many thanks Stuart, looking good.  Grin 15mbps/1mbps now on the BT test.  Cool
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

Something that may be of interest for people migrating here from Be; my account was in credit when closed and today I received the refund on the normal billing cycle date.  Cool
This was followed by an email confirming that my Direct Debit for Be was now cancelled.
My interest in Direct Debits now turns to PlusNet as my next bill is due in a weeks time. Fingers crossed that this time the DD works.  Roll_eyes
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

is that going to retry the DD?

Well my next months DD is now due, after the last one had to be resolved manually as the automated system just didn't want to work.
Obviously all my other DD's work perfectly and have always done so for very many years.
We'll soon be taking a payment of £xxxxx for your service. This will leave your account on or after 05/03/2014.

Nothing showing on my bank account today, so far, I'll check again tomorrow ......
w23
Pro

This will leave your account on or after 05/03/2014.

I'm pretty sure mine take a few days after the advised date to show at the bank.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro

OK, we'll see how long (if at all) it takes. No "action" today.  Wink
I do get the impression from various posts here that the DD system is a bit fragile; it works OK if left alone but responds badly to any changes.