Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed account - no final bill - no refund

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Closed account - no final bill - no refund

The frustration with PN just grows , your inability to follow a logical process truly amazes me. 

Customer moved ( early hours of the 1st) phone away ( broadband moved away over two weeks previous ) on the 1st of November.,

On the morning of the 1st of November is also the customer billing date for the month going forward.

You bill for all services , now i can understand the phone as that was only moved a few hours before the billing script was run , but taking money for the broadband service that was moved way over two weeks previous , is just not on.

Speak to CS (Question 137143001) told on phone all will be sorted final billing with a refund in due course.

Nothing seems to have happened apart from the account has been deleted as i can not gain access.

So you have taken money for a service you have not provided for over two weeks ( broadband), have not refunded , produced no final bill and deleted the customer account = absolutely pathetic service from PN 

I am now on hold waiting a pathetic amount of time to speak to customer service , due to your inability to close accounts down correctly , sort your out dated systems out !!! .

Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

6 REPLIES 6
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Re: Closed account - no final bill - no refund

Just on the phone to CS what a joke , so two refunds have been sent one yesterday one today , you have not sent an email out confirming these refunds , and account access was deleted today , also you have got the refund amount wrong !!!!

After 30 mins of been on hold speak to an agent , puts me on holds to check the refund now up to 45 mins and the phone get put down at PN end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its no like the refund is hard to work out , if you take money  a month up front for services , and those services at that point of invoice are no longer with you ( and customer not in contract) , then the full amount of the bill you have taken needs refunding 

What kind of shocking service is this 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Wow this just gets worse !!!!  back on the phone again , third time today, on the date the bill is produced 1st November,  an open ticket is raised on the account , regarding customers needs to be refunding ,  this money for the invoice rasied likley  came out of the customer bank account 4th to the 6th of November.

As i said previously billed for a full month upfront, that the customer has no services with PN , so the  full bill needs refunding , it is very simple maths to work out, especially for an account department, but wait no of course not this is PN we are speaking about.

In total PN refund 4 separate refunds , yes four . two of which they don't even both to send an email regarding them, and close the customers account 

Two more refunds are issued ( total 4 ) , after i have spent over 2 and a half hours and counting on the phone.

Wait it gets better ...   as soon as they take the customers money for the bill ( taken around 4th to the 6th of November) they then remove the customers bank details , even though there is an open ticket with accounts for a refund from the 1st.

So they are sending 4 separate cheques in the post which totals the full amount of the bill , you can not make this can you ., an accounts departments that has difficulty in reading tickets and adding up .

To top it off the customers bank is not even local it is in another part of the country ,. 

PN i would like a response please 

Mike

Edit : just got of the phone and told the cheques can 1 rather than 4 and they may be able to send back to bank , just as i get off the phone another email saying a cheque is been sent out, its not even for the full amount! , once again still utter confusion from PN , waiting on a manager to call back.

PN thanks for wasting three hours of my time today, because your staff dont bother to read tickets , and are unable to add up.  

Warning: Reading the above may hurt your head , and utterly confuse you , but this is how PN and there systems maintain there high standards and good customers service levels - NOT

If you read this and become unwell please consult your doctor or ring PN as they will do you proud 

Finally,  but my no means last i would like to congratulate PN for taking 3 hrs out of my time today !!

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Have now had a call back , and this is in the process of been sorted ,  although the refund will be sent via cheque 

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Glad that it's sorted now for you, I'll be reviewing the account from our side to identify what caused the issues and I'll feed back where necessary. Apologies for the poor experience.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @MattyC, had a length chat with a Manager , who did a great job , and sorted things out, so credit there.

Just a shame something so simple , turned into utter mess , and took so much of my time to sort.

As you could probably guess , i was very frustrated  ( am sure anyone would ) when writing the posts above , less so now Smiley

Mike

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Glad it's resolved now, but I'll still feed back on your behalf.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet