cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat support function not working

uk144
Dabbler

Chat support function not working

Twice now I have sat and waited fro my turn - from 20 in the queue to 2 and then the chat window says 'thank you' and kicks me out. Is this a way of reducing the queues? I am finding it impossible to contatc Plusnet to sort out my problem. Anyone els have that issue?

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Chat support function not working

Just try starting a new session or try again using a different browser.

You can also Tweet PN Support which has worked for me in past; they'll need your username.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It seems odd that you're being kicked out, not something that I've personally seen feedback on before. I'm going to take a look at your fault ticket and provide an update there shortly.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I just tried to use chat to report a fault on my broadband and it just says not available, so please try phoning.

I tried phoning and that said wait 30 minutes!

So I've come back here to check what's what and find this thread........

I feel as if I'm goinmg round in circles, and that's after 3 days of dealing with BT to sort out a phone line fault. Which IS finally fixed but has messed up my broadband.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Do you have any ad-blocking software in use?

I've just tested your line and it seems that the phone fault is still open. As a result I'm not being given diagnostics deep enough to investigate your issue. It might be worth checking that your phone provider has definitely closed down their fault, so that we can proceed with the broadband side of things.

HPsauce
Pro

@MattyC wrote:

Do you have any ad-blocking software in use?

If you're referring to me, no just standard IE11 and I just went back in again and chat was available again. Odd. Didn't use it as I don't want to start things over in parallel and cause confusion.

As for the slow broadband, that's fine just leave it in the system until BT have closed the phone fault (they did ring me to say it was fixed but that was the engineer at the roadside) and it can be looked at, it is at least working to some extent and hopefully I'll have no more disconnections.

(The fault incidentally was down to fibre-related equipment installation in my cabinet disturbing and damaging my wiring - that's life!)

Best I retire from this discussion now and avoid creating a diversion. Cool

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Full quote edited to make it  forum rule legal.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Set up a new thread a bit further down the line, and feel free to @ me

HPsauce
Pro

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Full quote edited to make it  forum rule legal.

Sorry about that, I really dislike the way the "new" (now quite old) forum deals with quotes and do get confused about what I'm looking at.

I thought I'd edited the quote down to a relevant subset, but obviously not. Embarrassed

roberto2212
Grafter

chat working but you must waiting 10-12 hours....bad support..highly not recommended