Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat buttons are always disabled

Saurbaum
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Chat buttons are always disabled

I've seen a couple of topics on this with suggestions to disable adblocking software.

For me, no matter what the chat button is always disabled or if I go to https://www.plus.net/help/chat/ I get

Loading chat...

This should only take a few moments.

It never loads and I seem to have no way of contacting the support team without using a phone.  The irony of it is if the phone isn't working and you are trying to contact support you can't.

The only difference I get is when I connect outside the posted hours when it tells me that it's closed.  Does it ever actually work?

13 REPLIES 13
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Chat buttons are always disabled

Hi @Saurbaum,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues getting in touch with our chat team. Have you tried using another web browser or any other devices whilst trying to get in touch through chat?

I'd also like to ask if there's anything in particular you would like to discuss with our chat team regarding your services, as we'd be more than happy to take a look into the issue for you if you'd like to post the question here instead.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Saurbaum
Dabbler

Multiple devices, multiple locations and multiple browsers.  You know what would be good? An email address I could submit an issue to rather than shouting it in a public forum.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Chat is not available via help (see the sticky topic in feedback). Access it via contact us.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Saurbaum
Dabbler

The button on contact us is always disabled even during the hours of published operation
OxfordBlue

There is definitely a problem with chat.  It's not related to browsers or devices; I've tried multiple and I always get the following:

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

What journey are you taking? iI's working perfectly for me (and I'm working from home today so accessing externally) 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
OxfordBlue

JonoH, I am going to https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

and clicking "Join Queue".  It worked once today - every other time it fails with "Sorry a Plusnet chat agent isn’t available at the minute, please refresh the page to try again. "

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

That link works fine for me, what option are you selecting?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Saurbaum

Do you have 3rd party cookies disabled in your browsers?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Saurbaum
Dabbler

For IE it's all default settings as I never use it.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

As a comitted user of chat... being almost deaf... I am always interested in this kind of problem !. 

being not available, is not acceptable to me !.... however... most problems are caused by using an "adblocker"  such as "Ghostery" , couple of items need to be "allowed".. one is "Google Adsense"... and the other is "Live Person"   However, if using I.E..  on "basic install settings".. there should be no problem... ( I did have it as a stand by, but not at the moment.... so can`t check that one )... I also have "Opera" browser as a secondary. and just checked on this link

https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

and after a few seconds of "loading"   it reports " Start Chat "

Not having anything to chat about, I have not proceeded further ! .

Saurbaum
Dabbler

It seems to be so varied in when it works and when it doesn't.

Right now it says

"Sorry a Plusnet chat agent isn’t available at the minute, please refresh the page to try again. Chat is available 7 days a week from 7.30am – 10pm. Outside of these times, call us on 0800 432 0200, or if you want to talk about moving or faults, call us on 0800 023 2221 Thank you"

Alucidnation
Rising Star

If you just go through the sales page and click on New Customer, they soon pick that one up.