cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Phone Contract

FIXED
DebFrank1

Changing Phone Contract

We have recently joined Plusnet and currently have the Evening and Weekend UK and mobile calls package.  We were previously with Sky and had their unlimited calls package.  We received an email to say we had nearly exceeded our monthly credit limit for calls a couple of days ago.  To be honest we hadn't realised how much making calls during the day on the home phone was going to cost and want to upgrade to Anytime Calls.  I have tried to do this online but I get the message "Unable to change service.  You cannot change your products at the moment, you have an order which is currently being processed.  Please try again later".  As far as I am aware we do not have an order being processed.  I would like to know how much it will cost to upgrade our phone package per month and whether this can be done.  I appreciate that at the moment in view of the Coronavirus it might take longer than normal to get a response.

15 REPLIES 15
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Changing Phone Contract

Welcome to the forums.

Can you DM us your username so we can take a look?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Fix

This should be sorted, but I'd advise you speak to us now so we can make an instant change. If you do it through the web site it will only process on your next invoice date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@plusnettony 

I was not previously aware that Plusnet staff could intervene to enforce a call package change "instantly" rather than it awaiting the next billing date. In the present circumstances with seemingly many customers wanting to change call packages to "all day" ones, perhaps this could be better advertised. It would be even better if that facility could be incorporated into the web page  to save staff resources which are scarcer than usual.

DebFrank1

Having just spoken to you I hope our problem has been resolved.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Debra

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@jgb neither was I until this morning. I'm lucky and experienced enough to have the permissions to make instant changes though, albeit, but prior to today (to my knowledge) this was just for broadband.

I wish all changes were instant but we don't have the resources to automate that change at the present time. The other problem of course is that not all agents have permissions required to do this.

@DebFrank1  Pleased it's sorted

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
rvw88
Dabbler

Hi , I have the identical problem but can't find out how to report it.

75 years old and my poor old brain "ain't what it used to be"

rvw88

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@rvw88 ... We can sort this for you, but I'm going to need to ring to go through security and take a one off fee by card to make the change instantly.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
rvw88
Dabbler

Excellent Service .

A call from plusnettony and it was fixed in minutes 😁

Very many thanks @plusnettony

I want to click  the "This fixed my problem" button but cant see it,🤔

Kind regards

Richard

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@rvw88 wrote:

That's because you piggy-backed onto an existing thread.

Only the originator can nominate the fix.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
rvw88
Dabbler

Many thanks for that info.👍

Never too old to learn 😉

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@198kHz wrote:

@rvw88 wrote:

That's because you piggy-backed onto an existing thread.

However, you can thank/like @plusnettony 's post by clicking on the 'thumbs up' icon.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
LJJ1

We have been trying to change our phone contract to unlimited as per many other posts. I have tried on-line but keep getting the message:

Unable to change service.  You cannot change your products at the moment, you have an order which is currently being processed.  Please try again later.

is there any way of changing this quickly as my mother is nearly 90 and is in self isolation at the moment. The call charges without this service are too much for her to afford.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @LJJ1,

Thanks for getting in touch, I would be happy to help with this.

Please can you private message me a contact number for me to reach you on and I will give you a call.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
LJJ1

Hi Sammy

please call me on

thanks

rahul

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).