cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caught in a nightmare customer service

JH51

Caught in a nightmare customer service

This morning I've exerienced so much frustration at simply trying to move house and service, I'm ready  to scream! First I tried calling the 0800 number to effect a change in our broadband service as we are moving house. I spoke with three different people who told me they needed to connect me to the department that handles moving house. On the fourth try I got someone who said he was putting me on hold, then the line went dead. I was frustrated but dutifully called back. This time I got through fairly quickly to a nice chap who took my details and then said he'd fixed it. He even suggested we drop our landline and only use our mobiles to save money, etc. although it meant a new contract but would save the £65 charge for moving to a new home. He said he'd send an email confirming this.

Fine.... then I get the email confirming it ("Your Call Plan is changing: here's what you need to know"), but with the WRONG DATE! Then I got another email ("Confirmation of Your New Contract") sent seconds (according to the headers) before the first, this one with all the WRONG ORDER DETAILS!!! 

So, I called back and of course spoke to a different rep. He couldn't find the account so said he'd call back, which he did. He listened to my frustration and verified the CORRECT date on the moving order, but couldn't explain wrong date on the email. He suggested I just ignore the email with the wrong order details as his information showed it correctly. ("Question 198046467 has been updated").

Okay....now about 5 hours later, I've received yet another email ("Home Phone Estimated Completion Date") with the date left blank and a new landline phone number when I was told earlier I was dropping the landline! If this all sounds confusiing, imagine how confused WE ARE! What is going on with customer support????? This is not rocket science........

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Caught in a nightmare customer service

I've no idea why you were told you could drop the landline. You HAVE to have a landline to get broadband ( unless its fttp but Plusnet dont supply that ). You dont need to have a call plan by you do need landline rental

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JH51

Well, he was very clear to me. He even looke up our landline usage, which was negligible, and said we were basically paying for a service we never used. Dropping the landline would save us quite a bit, according to him.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

If he was looking at usage, then it sounds like he was advising dropping the call plan but maybe he used the wrong terminology. Dropping a call plan is quite common these days, I've done it myself. Using a mobile for outgoing calls can be cheaper. You still need the physical line for broadband but the line rental can be on a 'line only' with no included calls.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @JH51,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sincerely sorry to read about your recent experience with our house moves team and I apologise for the frustration & upset caused to you.

I've asked one of our provisioning guys to pick this up tomorrow morning once they are back in the office, please can you comment on this support ticket with the dates you have requested for your house move so we can get this resolved faster for you.

Give us a nudge on here once you've replied.

Thanks.