cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback Scam

hiyaharry111

Cashback Scam

I'm happy with my internet & the call centre is great you can ring late at night and have a very small wait, however.....

It's a shame that the company has taken the direction of offering cashback & not paying it; there are so many posts on here about the same thing and googling it I saw several loopholes that Plusnet are using for this one. Such as saying you should receive the email within 10 days, that the cashback offer is via the comparison website & that you need to order through the phone to get the offer. 

The cashback was the bit that made the deal cheaper than the rest and after the advertised set up fee was £80 (higher than advertised). As a result I'll be doing what I can without spending any more time on the matter, taking my money elsewhere.

4 REPLIES 4
Sam6

Re: Cashback Scam

I've been activated since 2nd November but had no email to claim the £50 cashback which was offered when i signed up. Any help plusnet?? Again happy with the broadband service but not happy if i can't get the offer that was advertised when i signed up.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@hiyaharry111 Sorry to hear this. From reviewing your account I can see that the offer you signed up to doesn't entitle you to cashback from ourselves. I'm afraid that if you signed up through an Affiliate you'd need to contact them who should be able to investigate further.

@Sam6 Sorry to hear you haven't received the e-mail to claim the cashback. I've escalated this with the relevant team and we'll update you as soon as we know mor

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Sophie0161
Dabbler

I too have been given the runaround, I’ve had every excuse under the sun as to why I’m not entitled to the cashback. I too only signed up because of the offer. I am in the process of talks with trading standards over this.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Sophie0161,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the experience that you've had. Our marketing team have confirmed that there was not a £75 cashback offer available for the product you're on with the contract length you've taken on the day that you signed up and so we would not be able to issue cashback on this occasion.

However, my colleague has offered a goodwill gesture on the ticket here. Please let us know if you would like to go ahead with this as a resolution to your complaint.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team