cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot raise a ticket or add comment

peejay
Grafter

Cannot raise a ticket or add comment

As a new kid on the block to this excellent forum - notwithstanding being a customer since early 2004 -
hope this is the correct place to raise what I think is quite an unusual query.......
For the last five years or so I've been unable to raise a ticket ( comment is typed in the box...submit is clicked but this only takes me back to the login page and a cursory look at  outstanding tickets shows my request is not shown/received.  To obviate this problem I have had to ask for a ticket to be raised on my behalf to which I was able to add a comment to activate the query. Now even this method does not work as each time I add a comment and click submit it takes me back to the login page and nothing is received at the ISP!
Obviously this matter has been raised time without number and with the greatest of respect each time it is met by a deafening silence!  Does anyone else have this problem and if so what is/was the remedy?
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cannot raise a ticket or add comment

Other than waiting for the Digital Care Team to sort it out - and they will
It is possibly a cookie problem. Have you blocked cookies from Plusnet and have you only tried with one browser - if so which one
peejay
Grafter

Many thanks OldJim.....I'm a MAAF user on the old "totalise" web address and utilize Firefox and IE latest version. Also have use of a laptop with yet another browser.  Cookies allowed  on all three systems and no other problem with anything else on the net. Guess it's an in-house problem at the ISP but why just me?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If it was a problem on our website, I'd suspect we'd have more customers reporting the same issue.
Do you use the same security/anti-virus software on both computers?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
peejay
Grafter

Many thanks Chris for your kind comments.... Oh if it were so simple! I utilize MSE security on one  ASC on the other and something which I find really spooks me. One of my sons in London is a MAAF customer and is also a computer technician by trade. He can raise tickets etc but when muggins logs on I have exactly the same problem when at home.  He also points out that when I log on to My Account  and bring up the Talk page (I'm a Talk customer as he is)  my page states do I wish to select so many phone contacts and get a discount, (an old page?)  whereas his does not appear to show this ancient information!  Since joining Totalise/Maaf/PN over eight years ago I've utilized four different computers, different security software, different browsers but I Guess I'll have to live with it as I have over the the past years. Many thanks for your advice and comments.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@peejay,
It sounds like you have tried a lot there to try and resolve this yourself. Does the problem present itself differently when you tried this on other computers? Also did these 4 computers have the same antivirus software on them?
FYI, I have tried testing this from here and it did seem to work fine.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
peejay
Grafter

Brilliant...it works...I was able to add a comment - two in fact - to your test ticket. As stated in my reply a slightly different interface page popped up when accessing the ticket page. Thank you Adam.  Excellent service
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thank you Adam.  Excellent service

No problem, do bear in mind that was just a test and wasn't done to try and fix anything (see how modest and honest I am Smiley )
if you do encounter problems again trying to raise a new ticket do let us know there was different antivirus software on those 4 PCs....
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team