cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot pay bill

Batida

Cannot pay bill

Seeing as I cannot answer the service ticket about paying my bill because of the stupid system constantly taking me to the "ooh you haven't paid" page, I thought that putting it on here might get a response.
I have added a secondary credit card to my account, however there is no option to use this card or to make it primary, therefore I cannot pay.
I refuse to ring you as this cost money (I do not use home phone, ever) and never answer withheld/no number calls.
So either take the money from the second card or wait a day or so until there is credit on my first card.
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Cannot pay bill

Hi there,
The secondary card is only used when the primary card passes its expiry date. I know this isn't terribly clear on the website but it's true nonetheless. There's no means of taking payment from a card that's listed as secondary.
What you need to do is update your primary card details and request the arrears are taken using that. Once the payment has been authorised change your primary card details back to those that are in use at the moment.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Batida

Hi, thanks, I tried that earlier and it didn't work, so I tried again and it seems I needed to put a "valid from" date in (even though the card doesn't have one.
Maybe there should be an option to make payments easier but hey ho.
Anyway it worked so its all smiles again, thanks  Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Good to hear you got it working.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.