Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled orders and engineer no shows

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Cancelled orders and engineer no shows

When an engineer visit is booked I believe that the ticket is put on hold until the booked date.
OpenReach sometimes cancel orders. Does Plusnet have a process in place to pick up the cancelled orders for tickets which are on hold and notify the end user that the engineer will not be calling before the booked date?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
13 REPLIES 13
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Re: Cancelled orders and engineer no shows

By the lack of a response I take it that is a no - there is no process to check for engineer visits being cancelled and notifying the user accordingly. Angry
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry that nobody responded to this jelv.
We do.
Provided that the provisioning agent updates our CRM platform correctly when placing an order, the messages that Openreach send us should kick out a ticket on a customer's account saying a variation of this:
The order for your phone service has been unsuccessful. We'll look into this and contact you if there are any problems.
[internal]
The order for this service has been rejected. Please see the install history tool for full details.

This is then picked up by a provisioning agent, and the customer is contacted.
The nature of the message that Openreach sends us, dictates the nature of the message we send to the customer. Sometimes when further work is needed before an installation, we'll send out one saying this:
We'll need to arrange a new appointment for an engineer to complete the installation of your phone service.
We will call you to arrange this.
[internal]
The order for this service has been delayed, requiring a new engineer appointment. Please see the install history tool for full details.

If the order is placed by automation (accounts for about 75% of orders as an extremely rough estimate), then our CRM platform should be updated ok anyway.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero

So why do we not infrequently see posts where people only find out about the cancellation after waiting in?
From a quick look around here's one you could perhaps comment on:
Quote from: xist
On the 14th of January I received a call from PN's sales/customer services team asking me if I was happy with my product or wanted to upgrade anything. I've been sitting on the dslchecker site waiting for fibre availability in my area and the last time I checked it was still unavailable so I told the PN lady that I was looking to upgrade to fibre but there was no current availability. She told me that I was incorrect and that fibre was available, but naturally I wanted to check myself and so I declined any changes at that moment and checked http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ myself.....and lo and behold fibre was ready to roll. That being the case I chatted to a nice guy at PN about switching over to a fibre and phone package and dates for the switch were set.
Spin forward a couple of weeks and after an Openreach Engineer no-show it turns out that BT have now changed their mind on availability citing it as the 11th of February now (and bearing in mind this date has moved back on a monthly basis so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt) and that they cancelled the broadband change over accordingly.
<snip>
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

With this one, a ticket was kicked out:
There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved.

It looks like this was closed in error by an agent. Have made sure to feed this back on this occasion. You are correct in that there are a lot of posts saying similar stuff, but I do attribute this to the orders the require manual intervention.
I must stress that the foundation is there with automation and that nobody actually touches the majority of the provides that we do. We are working towards making as much of the leg work automated as possible.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Was that update added before the booked installation date?
Should we be recommending to all users that they look at their tickets to see if an update has been added the day before the engineer's visit is due?
catelliott
Grafter

We do ask that customers keep an eye on the Member Center throughout the sign-up and provisioning process, but we understand that it's not always easy to. We are working on making our systems more user-friendly  Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As above really, though I get that it should be our job to do this too (which routes us back to ticket response times I guess).
It was added on the date and time the order was cancelled (give or take a couple of minutes for BT Wholesale's website to communicate with our CRM).
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Was that on the day of the scheduled engineer appointment or before?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Before that. Shortly after the order was placed it got spat back out.
This one should (and would) have been picked up well before it had gotten to the date of engineer appointment.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: jelv
Should we be recommending to all users that they look at their tickets to see if an update has been added the day before the engineer's visit is due?

So this advice might not be such a bad idea?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's a good idea, yes.
Though I just want to clarify that there are measures, automation, and manual intervention in place to pick up any cancelled/delayed orders proactively.
oooBEXooo
Grafter

i find some comments from PN staff hard to believe. on their posts we are being made to believe that any cancelled orders at their end will be picked up and the customer informed well before the engineer appointment date... although that is not strictly true is it?
i have had multiple appointments cancelled by yourselves in the past 2 weeks, with the maximum amount of notice received being 2 days. the minimum amount of notice received was less than 24 hours. i received a voicemail at 8:30PM, the night before they were due to attend a morning appointment. the appointment was booked 4 days previously, with somebody called sam baxter. sam guaranteed me that the appointment was booked, an engineer would arrive, and told me that it was costing over £240 at the expense of PN (which she tried making me feel guilty about). it turns out that the appointment wasnt booked after all, and sam decided to inform me of this the night before the appointment, in a very sheepish voicemail. when i then tried to call back to speak to her about it, i was told that shed just finished work for the day. so she left contacting me to the very last minute, knowing full well that i would not be able to return her call as she had obviously done a bunk out of the door. i know that she did not have to leave it to the last minute to tell me of the cancelled appointment, as a CSR told me the next day that she knew about it hours before she actually called. again... voicemail has been kept and recorded... its a pity i have to record all voicemails and keep a record of all chat logs to stop you from screwing me over further.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@oooBEXooo
As per my post on http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137125.0.html we're looking into this
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team