cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellations Line inundated!

Simon_M
Grafter

Re: Cancellations Line inundated!

From Plusnet's viewpoint, the problem this would give them is - when do we start counting the 5 days? From when the ticket is raised, or from the time they successfully contact the customer? I don't think Ofcom would allow anything other than the ticket date. I have a suspicion that customers might suddenly become very hard to reach!
It's not all bad news for the customer. We know from posts on here that some people have been pleasantly surprised by the efforts made by Plusnet to retain their custom & have stayed - quite willingly. I don't suppose Plusnet would be prepared to reveal the figures, but it would be very interesting to know how many people requesting their MAC were still customers 3 months later.
None of this excuses the difficulty of getting through. For Plusnet to justify their approach, they cannot allow this level of difficulty to get through to continue, otherwise the policy becomes self defeating, as this thread clearly shows.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Simon
From Plusnet's viewpoint, the problem this would give them is - when do we start counting the 5 days? From when the ticket is raised, or from the time they successfully contact the customer? I don't think Ofcom would allow anything other than the ticket date. I have a suspicion that customers might suddenly become very hard to reach!

Firstly, It is correct that the 5 day clock should start at the initial contact. Since MACs can be generated in real time on the BT system, it is not an issue.
Secondly, and I have said this before, the CUSTOMER is NOT obliged to explain the reasons for the MAC Request. Let me even concede that it is the Customer's loss if they CHOOSE not to take PlusNet's SALES Call.
James
Grafter

I believe that it is from the initial point of contact with the cancellations team.
If it is a letter, then it should be the point at which we receive the letter.
amcclean
Rising Star

Was Friday not the day when the net went down for most of Scotland, Ireland and N.England which would have lead to a massive increase in calls to tech support and unusually long ques on the phone. Although owned by BT PN can't be blamed for the fall out from that.
I have rarely had to wait longer than 5 to 15 mins to get through to PN support in my 6 or 7 years with them. it would be good to have mac system on line I suppose but like other companies by phoning to cancel they can improve service by listening to feedback.
One night of frustration has according to the threads originator un done all the good work of James etc. Everywhere has a bad day. Friday and Monday we bad days for the net in Scotland, Ireland and N.England so PN really can't be blamed for the extra wait on the phones. Not everyone has internet on their phones to check why things are not working.

See http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php?id=30527
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The cancellations team are a different team on a different phone queue. Just because there are a lot of fault calls shouldn't affect the time to answer calls requesting MACs. It's been acknowledged that the team needs more resources:
Quote from: Matt
It's worth noting that sales agents are being trained to take COT calls from the end of the week, and we're recruiting for more agents in that team.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think it's fair to point out that that quote states that they are getting the extra resource that they need Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero

With the extra resources is there any chance of the hours that the team can be called being extended? 9:00am to 5:30pm Mon – Fri (except Bank Holidays) isn't great for people who work.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The resourcing is designed and forecasted around the opening hours that have been decided on, I've not heard anything about those changing - and as with other discussions centering around management plans we're not going to go into any detail I'm afraid.
julesandsand
Grafter

As I've said before any decent ISP should allow a user to request a MAC online.
Personally I think OFCOM should bring in a regulation (assuming they have the power to) to mandate any service provider who allows anyone to take up a service online to cancel it  in the same fashion.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Not sure if this is directly relevant to this thread, but I'll ask anyway. Mods feel free to split off if you feel that's best.
A friend of mine is trying to switch broadband suppliers, from BT to somewhere else.
He's in a long-term BT contract that runs out on 1st December.
So, having decided where to go he phoned BT and gave them notice that he didn't want to renew.
A little later he rang to ask for a MAC; they refused on the grounds that the contract was under notice of termination.
Is this right, can they "legally" do that?
He's so p***ed of with them anyway that he's just glad to escape, so he's going to let it lapse and place a non-MAC order elsewhere to start on the day after. Hopefully he'll only have a short break in service.
Thoughts anyone? Does he have an alternative to ensure better continuity?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I suggest raising that one on TBB as well
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I don't think a new supplier will be able to place an order for ADSL until the cease has completed (and BT wholesale have updated the records), so he'll probably be about a fortnight with no connection.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I bet if he rang BT to cancel the cancellation they'd manage that although he'd have to be careful to not agree to a new contract. The next day ring up and ask for the MAC.
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: jelv
I bet if he rang BT to cancel the cancellation they'd manage that

He tried, they refused.  Angry
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: jelv
he'll probably be about a fortnight with no connection.

That'll really improve his opinion of BT!  Shocked