cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellations Line inundated!

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Cancellations Line inundated!

I called for a MAC earlier today and hung up after 22 minutes, havein been told that the queue was in excess of 20 minutes. I called again at 17:15 today to get the message that the Cancellations Line closed at 17:30 and that the queue was in excess of 20 minutes.
I have raised a thread in the Billing Forum where Adam Walker is insisting that I call the Cancellations Line again or use snail mail.
I was undecided before .... but am now determined to leave, even if PlusNet succeed in delaying me by a few days.  Angry
44 REPLIES 44
johpal
Grafter

Re: Cancellations Line inundated!

Save yourself some grief... put a letter in the post, as I did (recorded delivery)! Even then, you'll probably need to post back here at least a couple of times more, to finally extricate yourself. It seems PN cannot understand why anybody wants to leave, so they don't have a working process in place. It took me 6 weeks.  Crazy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

you'll probably need to post back here at least a couple of times more, to finally extricate yourself

Wheel_nut,
Let me know if you decide to go down that route and I'll keep an eye out and ensure your request is handled quickly and correctly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikko
Grafter

Still can't understand why a MAC cannot be obtained online. No tecnical reason - must be that PN want to set up a sort of obstacle course. (Cynical old me!)
ih8plusnet

Not surprised the cancellations line is so busy given the service provided by this 'award winning' company.
I was told on Friday evening that I would have my MAC Code within 24 hours - received it this afternoon.
Not surprised tho - this is the service I have grown to expect
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We should be advising that MAC keys will be issued within 4 days as per OFCOM regulations.
It's up to you ih8plusnet if you want to tell us about your experiences in more detail but they would help us learn about why you've grown to be dissatisfied with the service we've been providing you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

Let me know if you decide to go down that route and I'll keep an eye out and ensure your request is handled quickly and correctly.
Adam

Adam, After 3 x 20 minute holds on the 0845 line last Friday and the final cut off at 17:30, I was firmly of a mind to post the letters to migrate both mine and my Daughters service to another provider. I was fully aware that my ONLY complaint with the service from PlusNet was the obstacle course and associated COST of obtaining my MAC and that obliterated all of the good work done by James, Mand and Joanne over the years. The total contempt shown by PlusNet in giving me what is my due was more that I am prepared to take from ANY seller of goods and services.
I finally managed to get through this morning on a 01142 96nnnn number given to me by another Forum user. I immediately asked for MACs for both accounts and refused to discuss any further while I was paying for what I see as a PlusNet SALES Call. The agent offered to call me back which he did.
I was offered a deal for Broadband AND Talk Anytime at a discounted Price and I have agreed to take the package on condition that:
a) I can leave at any time by giving 10 days notice
b) The Price stays in force for 12 months and can be extended by calling 0845 140 6002 
c) A MAC will be issued as requested for each account.
I remain seriously bruised by the experience of obtaining a MAC. To say that I distrust and dislike your Management would be to severely understate my views. Fortunately for PlusNet and your Masters at BT, your operational staff do a Class Leading job of compensating for the outrageous Management policies and sometimes inept performance of your  Call Centre operators.
..... you did ask me to let you know....
Robin
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The reason for forcing people to ring in for a MAC is so that you can try to entice them not to leave. So Plusnet
a) Make it impossible for anyone to call outside standard working hours
b) Put them in a queue for a protracted period (so even working people who could make the call during working hours have to give up)
c) If they happen to be in the queue at close of play you just cut them off
d) You make them pay for the privilege of listening to the hold music (unless they also happen to be on homephone or somebodies anytime package).
All of which is guaranteed to annoy people even more.
Suggestion: If the number of MAC calls coming in leads to a wait of more than 5 minutes you draft in extra agents to just take the username and a telephone number and you call them back at your expense.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...and as it is in your interest to call them back Plusnet....you will.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Surely not supplying a MAC (and not answering the phone on a premium-rate line VERY quickly amounts to that) a formal complaint should be registered, escalated to OFCOM as appropriate.
As a footnote, and indirectly relevant, it loks like the "heavies" have finally decided that Tiscali's "cash extraction" practises for departing/departed "customers" (even after the TalkTalk takeover) are totally untenable. PN take note.  Wink
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What premium-rate line ? 0845 numbers are locall numbers.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I suspect he meant premium as in not included in a call package as opposed to a free call which it would be if it was a 01xxxxxxxx number.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: glloyd
What premium-rate line ? 0845 numbers are locall numbers.

Locall is NOT cheap, 20 minutes will be at least £1 (and don't forget the conection fee!):
From Money Saving Expert:
•0845 'Lo-Call'. Can cost up to 7p/min
Don't confuse Lo-Call with local; numbers starting 0845 aren't as cheap, though are now more frequently included in ‘free calls' packages. Sadly many small businesses actually pay to have these numbers, misled by old promises that they “look more professional and attract custom”, without realising that these days their customers have to pay more.
Quick Costs (daytime): BT 5p, Talk Talk 4.5p, Virgin 7p, Sky 6p

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi guys,
anyone who has home phone with us will not pay for our 0845 support numbers. Also, AFAIK most of BT's phone packages also include free calls to 0845 numbers.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Joanne
Also, AFAIK most of BT's phone packages also include free calls to 0845 numbers.

They are certainly not free on the standard line rental only.
BT Unlimited Weekend Calling plan:
0845 is only free at the weekend.
Evening calls 1.5p/minute and daytime calls 6.4p/min (10.9p call set-up fee applies)
Evening starts at 7pm - what time does the cancellation line shut down?