cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't raise a ticket

greenofashbourn
Grafter

Can't raise a ticket

I would like to raise a very simple ticket (to have a disabled email account re-activated).
I cannot do this online because my request does not fit any of the categories (see attached screenshot). I'm sure the "Questions" page used to allow you to ask questions in more categories (including "other").
Live chat is not available as it was 8.59pm.
There is apparently a 30 minute wait time on the phone.
So, now what do I do?
Any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Can't raise a ticket

Wait until tomorrow
That isn't the answer you hoped for but it is now the only option  Crazy
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

'Make a complaint' would appear to be the correct catch-all category then Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Your only option is as pwatson suggests is to use the Raise a complaint option
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
greenofashbourn
Grafter

Thanks!
I've just read up a bit more about the changes to the system. What a load of nonsense!
I have a non-urgent request which requires me to say the following to plusnet "Please reinstare mailbox greenofashbourne+username"
I would like this actioning any time in the next year or two (it's a mailbox for my son who is currently 9, so no rush!)
At some point, plusnet can deal with this (at a time when they are not too busy with other stuff).
Total time spent dealing with it: 30 seconds for me, 30 seconds for plusnet.
The alternative involves me spending ages on hold (either on phone or online chat) then going through security questions, blah, blah, blah. And probably calling at a busy time, thus requiring plusnet to have a clever system of staff management to make sure they have the resource available at the correct times. More time-consuming and more costly - absolute nonsense!
Ah well! Never mind, not like I've got nothing better to do with my time!
PS. I've already used the "Make a complaint" option before posting this. Also tweeted about it as well - trying to see how much of their time I can waste, as they're intent on wasting mine!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This may be silly but why can't you do it via Manage my Mail https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes&?membermenu=emailsettings and just create a new one
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've done a bit of sneaky searching - you could use https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22961&wizard_id=38
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Jelv like as been said before , but  falls on Deaf Ears ,,, customers should not have to do sneeky searches to contact PN Sad
But as usual PN will come here and say sorry we looking into it , or its been escalated , or some other excuse  Crazy
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
greenofashbourn
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestion Oldjim.
The mailbox still exists and can send email, it's just incoming mail doesn't get delivered. The account is set up on various devices (but inactive) so I was hoping to just turn it back on rather than have to set everything up again.
It also seems a bit perverse to send an email to that a mailbox that hasn't been checked for 6 months warning you that it will be deactivated unless you check it. Would make more sense to send that notification to the main account holder (like notifications about mailbox sizes etc)
Anyway, I know I can sort it out myself, but I'd rather plusnet just turned the account back on for me.
Stuart
greenofashbourn
Grafter

13 minutes on the live chat and the request has now been sent to the correct team.
Apparently "We are getting rid of the ticket system as it is inefficient and outdated. We can deal with things more efficiently and time effectively through chat as we can deal with multiple chats at once. You can add any comments to the survey at the end of this chat for the management team."
Yeah, well, that's nice for you, but instead of starting work this morning I've been sat looking at a live chat screen waiting that says "agent is typing" when it seems it should have said "agent is dealing with another chat"!
Right, time to actually start work...