Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I leave a compliment?

linduf
Dabbler

Can I leave a compliment?

I know, please do not adjust your set. 😁

My home phone went off on Thursday evening. Next day I did the usual checks but nada.

So I reported via the 07800008121 text line at about 2pm. A (very helpful and polite) diagnostic bot replied, confirmed a fault, ordered an engineer remote repair within 1-4 days. As it turned out, Openreach did need to attend, rocked up a short while ago. Swiftly fixed the issue; corroded wires in the external shared juction box for me and my downstairs neighbour.

So, thanks very much Plusnet and Openreach - top job, repaired in 24 hours from the fault report.

Incidentally, are there humans behind the diagnostic bots? Ones that do a check, then press a button to send Response A, Response B etc to fit the situation? I only ask because in a moment of distraction, I sent a  "Thank you" text back to what may well be a now-confused bit of software 😂

Have a good day, all.

17 REPLIES 17
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Can I leave a compliment?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to  Plusnet Feedback 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
linduf
Dabbler

Apologies for not putting the original post in the right place.

Sadly, I spoke too soon - the landline has gone again. Making a new report.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @linduf,

I'm sorry to hear that the line's down again. I've re-run tests on the line and we've detected an external fault present on the line. I've raised this back to our suppliers and we're currently awaiting a further update before we can proceed. Depending on the response we may need to arrange an engineer appointment to the property, but we won't know now until tomorrow I'm afraid. Our Faults Team will be monitoring this case and should be back in touch with an update over the coming days, but please feel free to update this thread if you have any questions and we'll be happy to review the case as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
linduf
Dabbler

Thanks, @TheMightyAJ 

That's helpful. I had a phone call from one of your team just before 7pm and he said I should get another call within 15 mins. That didn't happen but your update here tells me all I need to know for now. I'll wait to hear from you folks, and occasionally keep an eye on the ticket.

Emails from the ticket are not arriving still, if anyone is noticing that for other customers as well as me. You might have a problem, Houston, 😁

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @linduf

Thanks a lot for  your response @linduf

The clear notification on the fault which Openreach sent through was rejected by ourselves yesterday so further work is ongoing to investigate any remaining issues on the line. An agent was in the account today however no further progress has been made on the fault.

Once Openreach send another clear notification through, you should receive comms from us asking you to reach out if the problem is ongoing.

Really strange that emails are not being received, have you checked your junk / spam folder at all?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
linduf
Dabbler

Thanks @adam945

As I write, the screen on my cordless handsets are displaying "Check phone line" but briefly flicked back to the normal display when the phone line is working. I cannot tell if Openreach are working on it right now or this is an intermittent fault.

I tried a corded phone direct into the BT box about 15 mins ago, still no line but again, I may have interrupted any Openreach work unknowingly. I will leave the line alone.

Re emails, nothing in my inbox or spam. I got text updates from the diagnostic bot system yesterday and emails about responses for this community thread, just nothing from the ticket system.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot fro getting back to me @linduf

The fault remains open so this is to be expected for now to be honest. while Openreach carry out the required work in order to get your line fixed. We aren't updated by then as to when exactly the work will be carried out, but we'll be able to monitor the fault for you to see if they'#ve provided any further updated - nothing concrete yet though.

Really strange about the emails too, if you can get online, are you able to log into your online Member Centre to make sure we have the correct email address for you?

Adam
linduf
Dabbler

Hi @adam945 

I can confirm that you have the correct email address, I checked that on my account about an hour ago.

Odd thing about that email issue - I get emails about my bills every month with no problem and as I said earlier, I get emailed updates from this Community/forum system, using the same email address.

Still nothing from the tickets in email inbox or spam folder, I have just checked again @13:10hrs

Also strange that my broadband has held up fine all through the issue with my landline. Only minor interruptions when I assume Openreach were doing their work, or when I unplugged my splitter to test a corded phone handset in the BT box. Broadband has come back up easily after any interruptions.

Just for your information - NOT a fault report, I've just done a Speedtest on my fibre broadband, using wifi, not cable to the router.
Ping 12ms, download 1.75Mbps upload 9.38Mbps

Not sparkling for fibre, I've had better speeds but more than adequate for my use at the moment, and is not causing me any bother.

linduf
Dabbler

Edit to previous update

download 1.75Mbps should be 10.75MBps

Apologies, especially as it is not relevant to my reported landline fault. It is just very odd that the broadband service seems to be working reasonably well but the landline is down.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@linduf  Your FTTC broadband connection is coming from the fibre cabinet so only uses the phone line from there to your home. If the phone line fault is between the Telephone exchange and cabinet or in the exchange itself which is a fault I had recently, the phone doesn't work but the broadband is unaffected.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just had a look at the phone fault @linduf and can confirm that Openreach are going to be addressing it today. Give us a shout tomorrow if you're still having problems. Smiley

Have you amended any of your communication preferences lately? If they were changed while the current ticket is open, it's likely that any further messages on the open Ticket won't come through to your email address as well.

Adam
linduf
Dabbler

Hi @adam945
Thanks for the update.
Not aware I changed any Comms preferences. I did check them but as they were correct, probably saved or exited that page without alteration. I don't recall, sorry.

My broadband kept dropping out a lot Sun evening 17/10 and was unusable by midnight. Still off this morning so I'm using my mobile 4G.

Do I need to add to the current ticket, assume it is related to the current investigation, or could you tell Openreach that my broadband outages have now got to this point so the fault(s) are worse if they are not working on that part of my line?
linduf
Dabbler

Hi @RealAleMadrid.
Thanks, I do understand about FFTC etc. The first repair, which only lasted a few hours, was a corroded wire in the external BT box, on the outside of my building. I was here at the time and the Openreach engineer told me that.

As the landline fault reappeared, there could be further corrosion not spotted first time, or the fault lies elsewhere now.

Update : as I was typing this, Openreach have called me from the cabinet down the road, where there was a second fault. All seems fine now, including my broadband that had gone down repeatedly last night. Yay.
linduf
Dabbler

@adam945

Openreach engineer has just called from the cabinet down the road. There was a fault there too, and would have affected my broadband last night.

So hopefully both services are restored, many thanks for your and your colleagues' updates.

I will leave the closing of the ticket to Plusnet procedures now.