cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anybody Beat This?

Zantos
Dabbler

Can Anybody Beat This?

For the past SIX MONTHS I have been billed for caller divert, Call Forwarding PLUS OPTION ONE (which is supposed to give two services at a discount). The first two months overcharge was refunded to a credit card I was trying to drop (I pay by direct debit) since the monthly contacts have achieved very little. In December I spoke to a nice lady in disconnections as I was going to buy myself out of my contract and go to EE who would have paid this AND given me £150 through topcashback. I was given my MAC but persuaded to wait until my next bill to see if the situation had been sorted. It wasn't BUT of course by then then the EE offer had dropped to only £70 through topcashback AND there was only ONE day left before the expiry of my MAC, not enough time to sort out a move. I filled in a complaint form and on submission found it only goes to customer services - who had failed to sort anything in the past. I telephoned disconnections again where I was greeted very off-handed and had explained to me that the Option One charge gave me two services at a discount and I should be grateful - failed to initially realise that I was being charged twice for the same service. Eventually agreed this was so and said they would sort it, they tried to contact a "senior" person but nothing came of it and I was left with no visible sign of progress.
Is it possible to speak to a non UK call centre to achieve more comprehension and satisfaction I wonder! Is it possible to have a complaint dealt with satisfactorily where an incorrect charge has been applied to your account for a quarter of it's life? I would welcome any options for getting this resolved to a mutually satisfactory outcome or perhaps just being allowed to leave with NO CANCELLATION CHARGE for failing to bill correctly for such a long period and also being dealt with in a more sympathetic manner rather than someone trying to "brush me off" as an inconvenience as happened on my last call.
7 REPLIES 7
JTaylor
Grafter

Re: Can Anybody Beat This?

Hi Zantos
I am very sorry to see that you've experienced such an issue.
I've replied to your complaint, reference 97008149.
If you want to ask me anything else please let me know on there.
Many Thanks
Zantos
Dabbler

Hi Jack
I am happy that you are "maybe" dealing with this for me, however, having read the description of this forum "Was there something you liked? Something we didn't do so well? Tell us about it here"  felt it only right to publish these facts. I will of course confine all future correspondence to the help/ticket areas and will be only too pleased to update this thread when/if things are finally sorted. You can imagine that after six months alternating between phone calls and "help" messages I have lost a little confidence in what has otherwise been a satisfactory service.
Zantos
Dabbler

Just to update this thread a little.
It was started when I filled in the "Customer Complaint" form which just seems to have raised a ticket with customer support, it didn't really do much else. I can only advise anyone having problems to not waste their time doing this as it seems to do very little other than possibly assigning an individual to sort out YOUR problem not a general failing within the system i.e. inabilities within the billing department to sort out failures (it's always the computer running out of control).
Yesterday I contacted COT by phone and have (hopefully) achieved a satisfactory solution to my billing problems.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

It's a bit like concentrating on bailing out the boat rather than repairing the hole.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'm glad that you've got a potential solution now - sorry it's taken as long as it has.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Zantos
Dabbler

I feel it only right that I bring a conclusion to this post.
After all the problems of trying to stop the double billing on my account it has finally been sorted out WITHIN ONE MONTH'S BILLING CYCLE after link:csa removed became involved. I feel it only right that I mention his name to give him the much deserved credit for taking the time to sort out my problem and throughout the process keep me updated on progress - meant I didn't have to spend my time continually checking what was happening. I even received a courtesy phone call from him on my billing date to check that everything was to my satisfaction - kind of restores your confidence in PlusNet.
adie:orange CSA name removed as per forum rules, but name passed on to staff
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for the debrief, I'm happy to hear that it has been sorted in the end.
I've passed on your comments to Brian and his manager Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet