Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0114 307 3836

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Calls from 0114 307 3836

@Anon wrote:

And many of them find their way here when they do have a problem.

Customers can represent themselves quite well, but having a filtering tier, so that Pnet only need to read the SU forum does mean that via these forums, and we all know what chat and phones are like, they have less chance of being heard. But whoever believed that Pnet wanted to hear customers? Not me .

@Anon to a point... I agree, however, in the case of Live Chat... due to my campaign, over the last 2 weeks,  as a customer, who may have been inconvenienced, quite seriosly, had Live Chat remained closed, PlusNet staff have, indeed, listened to what I have said... and have had some serious "eye and mind opening" take place, regarding the closure of Live Chat.. They have admitted, "it was not thought out properly"...in the wider aspects of who would be affected by the decision.

There does seem to be some " new blood "  with some "new thinking" going on... let`s hope that will not be tainted, by the pre-existing formats in the work place.... 

Unfortunately.... my other campaign.... started 8 years ago, has had next to no effect on the phone service.. in fact, I would consider it worse now, than it was then.. ( although being almost deaf, I don`t use it, unless I have not alternative).. from what I have read about it on various threads..

As a customer,... and not in any particular group.... I have mentioned, and suggested several points of action that need to be addressed, in relation to these ongoing problems... and I am hopeful ( as ever ) that someone will actually start to realise where the problems lie, within the framework of the company`s customer services departments, and action will be taken to eradicate the problems...

Anon
Pro

I admire your optimism.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Anon,

You do not seem to understand the difference between "Being a helping hand" and "Being part of the support process / workflow".  A "report to" feature as you suggested implies a commitment to respond - it creates an expectation which might not be fulfilled by people who give their time for free to help people having difficulties.

Now - do YOU have a problem impacting your service right now which requires assistance?  All of the issues which are being banged out on the jungle drums have been on the SU table for a good while now.  Be assured that the SU team is ensuring that the views of the users are being heard in a coherent and focussed manner.  Somethings are a mess - many of them have causes outside of all ISPs (not just Plusnet) - others lay within and remain challenging to resolve.  As with all large organisations there will be constraints of which we will never be aware.  Shouting rarely moves anything forwards.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

So

1. If they have been on the SU table and not  addressed, what good is that?

but more imprtantly

2. "Be assured that the SU team is ensuring that the views of the users are being heard in a coherent and focussed manner" [Townman quote]

Which means that you are representing the views of customers, and that you seem to think that customers views are not focussed or  coherent, that Pnet are not capable or should not listen DIRECTLY to their customers and need priests to intercede on behalf of customers.

3, Why should a superusers group be able to have more influence than customers? That means that Pnet are not listening to the concerns of their customers and want those views 'filtered'. Which chimes well with everything I have learnt about them during my sad stays over nearly 20 years with them as a customer. But they have had good  times around the turn of the century or I would not have stayed at all, sometimes they looked as though they were moving forward but only a blip.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Four calls in the last four days from this number.  No message left on my answering machine.

Have altered my contact preferences, see how long it takes them to cease.

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
comicbbokguy
Grafter

For the love of God stop ringing me with this number.

It must be up to 12 or 13 times now.

Get the hint. I don't take unsolicited calls.

If crapita keep wanting to talk to my call guradian...continue.

I have changed my account prefs now.

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi all.

Sorry to bump up this thread but it seems I've just received a missed call from this number too.

I'm wondering if it's to do with the 30-day Plusnet sim-only contract I signed up to yesterday that could be the reason?

Why would they call me? I mean, I did everything online and there weren't any issues with the process at all.

And like many of you here, I've also opted out of receiving calls; my preference is either by e-mail or text.

So anyone know why they called?

Thanks.
Anon
Pro

Only Pnet will know why they called. So why not try live chat and ask them?

brookskb

I am really concerned about this.  Just received a call from this number and chose to believe him when he said he was calling on behalf of Plusnet to check if I was on the right package.  He asked for my address which was fine, but then started asking things like my username and first two digits of my password at which point I became suspicious.  Luckily I couldn't remember either of them anyway.  I've seen threads saying this number is about marketing but I'd say this is a scammer after security details.  He said he needed them for 'data protection reasons'.  I have been trying to contact Plusnet to warn them but the only way to do this is to call them and I don't want to sit in a queue for half an hour.  So I've joined this forum instead!  I just think people need to be warned.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @brookskb,

Apologies for any concern raised by this call.

@HarryB wrote:

Calls from 0114 307 3836 are us, so there wouldn't be a need as such to report the number. However if you're considering re-contracting and would like to discuss this further by calling us to be on the safe side (As opposed to discussing account details off a call you received) I'd recommend calling us on 0800 013 2632, selecting the option for thinking of leaving. EDIT: Re-contracting

We'd always ask for the username and 2 random characters from the password on both inbound and outbound calls.

It does look like the person who called you did leave a note on your account following this call, so it's safe to say it was us on this occasion, however I do appreciate your concern surrounding the call.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anon
Pro

If you/pnet were really sorry you would stop the calls and stop putting the customers you claim to be conserned about through this stress.

I hope I understand the new legislation correctly and you have to be certain that customers have actually agreed for their data to be abused in this way which should stop cold calling unsuspecting customers who d not want such calls.

S65v10
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Just got a missed call from this number google came to here 🙄
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @S65v10,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. As per my colleague Harry's response the number belongs to our Customer Options team. It is likely they were contacting you to either discuss a new deal if you are out of contract, or a call to check how your services are going on the account in general.

They will also check with customer's who have taken a new deal recently to ensure they are happy with the deal they have taken.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further concerns.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team