cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0114 307 3836

Anon
Pro

Re: Calls from 0114 307 3836

I am not sure that churn would produce any cream.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anon wrote:

Pity we have to have some superposter forum, why cannot Pnet just listen to the average customer on here, or is this a filtering system by customers so that only those things that 'might' be 'important' to Pnet get through to staff?

From a personal standpoint I feel free to raise any problem I perceive to be important based on Community input.  It's not always popular - but it does get raised!  Achieving the desired outcome is always going to be difficult - but we do try.  And we are being listened to!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@MauriceC   @ITWorks & @Townman

There are others in the group... but how about a "flag"  on the forum, for ALL to use, under the Post Options box...

Flag this to the SU space/environment or whatever it`s official term is.

This would be a way for many people to draw attention to a particular post or thread,... rather than an "ad-hoc" assessment.

We already have " report to moderator"... why not.. "flag to SU ........... (insert terminology as required )  "   this could then be automatically forwarded to the SU PRIVATE FORUM .in the same way as we get notifications of PM`s etc. via email and the "flag" on our individual icon .

Anon
Pro

Why do the Supergroup not persuade the staff and Pnet to listen to ALL it's punters instead of a select few, sounds more like Animal Farm everyday, all customers are equal but some are more equal than others. I wonder if their problems are dealt with? Are we allowed to even see these forums, of course not. But persuading Pnet to listen to all would take their power away...oohhh that is scary.

It gets even more scary when the supergroup claim 'we are being listened to' and surely that is the most important thing, except it's the supergroup's agenda not the average punter's agenda, unless the SG decide it to be theirs. Who appointed them to filter 'our' concerns?.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Anon

Read this.... 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Superuser-Program/m-p/1429252

and this

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/Superusers-Are-Here/m-p/1449285

As a point of interest... ( and I don`t know how much "influence" this new Super User thing was )...  I started a campaign 8 years ago, with constant postings and arguments with Plusnet Staff about  getting more staff to answer phones..... too and fro  for 8 years,... and naff all was done... ( well that was the end result ).. as the phone service is as bad now, or worse, than when I started... so... because things got so bad on the phones....

Some bright spark in t PlusNet Management decided to "disable"  Live Chat,... and put the staff on the phones to alleviate the problems for the "normal hearing" customers... giving them priority status over the DISABLED hard of hearing customers, who frequently and relied on Live Chat to communicate ...

When I found out.. about 2 days after they had done the disabling , without any prior notice to the customers ... and no information posted about why, or when it would be re-enabled,  I started another campaign, to get it re-enabled as soon as possible, as it is a vital service to the disabled..

SuperUsers got involved, and evntually after two weeks, I can claim some credit, ( although no-one has actually said " thanks shutter for getting it back working again ".. ).. for Live Chat being re-enabled, although technically, it is now ... "Partially Disabled"....  Hopefully,... it will be fully serviceable on Monday, as promised on the thread associated with my campaign..

As mentioned... I dont know how much involvement or influence the Superusers had in this,...but it was a lot quicker than 8 years continuously harassing PN staff but only getting   " Give us time, and we`ll get there" responses to every thread I posted.. ( and others too,.. ) 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

We do not need any more "report to some one functionality". The SU programme is not a step in the support process / workflow.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Townman O.K. ...... so   " bashing " and "carping"  it is then.........

MauriceC
Resting Legend

We aim to use your strengths @shutter EvilCool_smiley

I don't neccessarily agree with " bashing " and "carping"  just the usual well mannered 'observation' will workAngel too.

E.g  Having raised this "calls from 0114...."  topic a while back and believed we had made some progress - I "flagged' it again shortly after I saw that it was still causing issues.  Nothing to report back - yet!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

shutter
Community Veteran

Thank you for the description of my thread....  "the usual well mannered observations"...

referred to  as "bashing" and "carping"... on certain posts within...

I shall be watching and waiting.......  Hmm... doesn`t sound quite so effective as   "I shall return....... "  Cheesy

Anon
Pro

Quote from thread about su.

Not only will the Superusers be there to provide a helping hand to other users, they will have an open line of communication into the business.

So how is it not what you say it isn't Townman

"The SU programme is not a step in the support process / workflow"

because the above quote says it is.

Pnet obviously ignore the average punter and only really want to know if SU decide to filter it out. Someone at the time commented about lack of staff, but why have staff if Pnet can use unpaid punters who are Pnet sycophants. Again from the thread quoted above

"Be an advocate of the Plusnet brand"

So they seem to be salespeople too, no wonder Pnet wanted to recruit them. Saves staff, can ignore punters and have free salespeople.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

the SuperUsers are respected and knowledgeable forum members , i cannot see them being Used by Plusnet

They volunteered their time to help put the customers view across to Plusnet , whether plusnet listens is another thing ,, Time will tell .

At the moment i see it as a good thing

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend

This thread has drifted seriously off the topic of "calls from 0114......"

I have no problems with debates about the Merits / Attributes / Failings / Whatever of the SU programme but it would be better in its own thread rather than hijacking valid threads such as this one.

Open a new topic by all means, but please try to be constructive as well negative. 

Anon
Pro

@rongtw wrote:

They volunteered their time to help put the customers view across to Plusnet ,

I think customers can put their own views across quite well, why do we need a filter, and if Pnet chose not to listen to it's customers directly what sort of firm is it? Don't answer that last question you might get banned.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Anon wrote

I think customers can put their own views across quite well

The majority of customers don't even have a forum account and as you seem to be advocating self representation, how are you proposing to get all those people onboard the discussion?

Just saying.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anon
Pro

And many of them find their way here when they do have a problem.

Customers can represent themselves quite well, but having a filtering tier, so that Pnet only need to read the SU forum does mean that via these forums, and we all know what chat and phones are like, they have less chance of being heard. But whoever believed that Pnet wanted to hear customers? Not me .