Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call protect

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Call protect

I've tried and so far failed to find any information about how to use Call Protect for landline. Aside from activating via call features, I have been unable to find how to bar incoming international calls for example. The help pages provide very little information about this feature which is vital to protect vulnerable customers. There is no facility to activate and maintain the lists of barred numbers remotely via the Member Centre, nor instructions of how to do this using the phone handset.

The information needs to be more easily accessible via the Plusnet website instead of relying on community forums.

And it would help if anyone can tell me how to bar incoming nternational calls, or how to find where this info is available for future use.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
16 REPLIES 16
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Call protect

I've not tried using this myself, however does the advice on these pages help?

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/plusnet-call-protect/

How do I choose which calls will be sent to junk voicemail?

Once you’ve added Plusnet Call Protect in Member Centre, all you need to do is dial 1572 to access your junk mailbox and settings. That will give you all the options you need to block nuisance calls and, of course, 1572 is free to call from your landline.

You can add any number you like to your personal blacklist, so if you get an unwanted call, just hang up, dial 1572 and follow the simple instructions to add the last number to your junk voicemail list. One to remember next time you get one of those unwanted PPI calls!

If a caller from your selected list calls you, they can leave a voicemail which you can listen to by calling 1572.

Additional Features

• The Do not Disturb setting means that all calls will either be sent to your normal 1571 voicemail or your 1572 junk voicemail if they feature on your diverted list. For those times when you really want some peace and quiet!
  • The VIP list allows you to select up to 50 numbers to override your diverted list. For example, if you’ve blocked international numbers but have family abroad, you can add them to your VIP list, so they’ll still get through to you.

For more information and FAQs please visit - https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/

And

https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/

Using Plusnet Call Protect

Call Protect Menu Dial 1572
Main Menu
  1. Press 1 to add the last answered call to your diverted caller list.
  2. Press 2 to remove the last entry from your diverted caller list.
  3. Press 3 to listen to your 1572 messages.
  4. Press 4 to change your personal options including –
    Plusnet's diverted list
    Your diverted list
    Diverted call groups
    VIP list
    DND settings
    Or hold to hear these menu options again

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maranello
Pro

@Chris 

Thanks for you help. I had found the first section that you posted above, but a search using ' Call Protect' didn't show me the second section which is the most useful.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

There isn't a user interface (as you have found) although BT offer one. As to the rest, @jgb posted in this another thread the other day. https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Call-protect-1572-question/td-p/1701855 Does that help?

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Perhaps the attached may help

maranello
Pro

Thanks guys, that table from jgb is exactly what I need, and what I was expecting to find on the Plusnet website, although I believe in reality it was compiled by jgb instead.

Any chance the table could be adopted and published in an easily found location on the Plusnet website?

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@maranello 

I cannot claim authorship of that table. I found it via our old friend google and I think it is burried somewhere on the PN website but it definitely could do with being more readiliy accessible there. If PN cannot provide an on line management tool for Call Protect then the least they can do is make that table easy to find.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching and letting us know of your Plusnet protect dialling woes, can certainly understand why you're having some trouble locating a set of instructions on how to locate this. From searching through our FAQ's on "how to get the most our of your call features" and scroll down you'll find all info in relation to what numbers to dial for which features. I can see an instruction pdf has been passed around as well with the same info. I'll pass this feedback along to our business improvement team to discuss this further.

Thanks.

maranello
Pro

@Mads 

When you pass on this feedback to the business improvement team, will you mention the lack of an online facility to manage the Call protect settings, or only focus on the need to improve the visibility of the instructions?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to us @maranello.

We'll pass on this feedback for yourself too

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
mort7890
Pro

Please be aware that call protect, even if you have caller ID, does not block some unavailable or witheld numbers even though it states it on the list. Also be aware that once you have blocked 100 numbers you have to cancel 1572 then re start it once you get the clearance then you have to start all over again. It would have been easier if the interface for 1572 was available on the portal allowing us to remove old numbers.  

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@mort7890 

As far as I can see you can remove the last blocked number via the telephone keypad presses but I don't know if you can keep repeating that to remove further numbers -  perhaps PN can clarify. Or they could add an option to allow removal of all blocked numbers which would be preferable to having to cancel and reinstall Call Protect once the list is full. But, I agree that by far the best solution would be an on line management tool ..... come on Plusnet, you only have to go to your in house competitor to get the code!

mort7890
Pro

Yes you can remove the last entry by the keypad but that is all and it is not really the last entry it is the first one that needs to be removed I can confirm this as I have had to do it a couple of times now. As far as I know the 1572 package is only a skeleton package of the BT one (believe if you are a BT client you can manage it all on line) but this is PN.

derekallum

Hi Maddy

Have you had any feedback from the Business Improvement team on this topic. An interface such as provided by BT (so I understand) would be most useful.

ringring
Dabbler

Well we're more than 3 years down the line and there still appears to be no sign or mention of an online portal for managing Call Protect (akin to the BT offering). There seems little point in offering a "half-baked" service where there's no facility to manage your blocked numbers list (especially given you're restricted to only 100 blocked numbers, which is going to fill up pretty quickly, meaning you're going to be constantly having to cancel the service and start afresh).

Clearly, this is not a priority for Plusnet and the feedback to the business improvement team has fallen on deaf ears!