cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Service

collieocoll
Grafter

Call Service

I am beside myself with anger. I read on these forums a few days ago about someone having trouble gettng through to speak to an adviser. Well let me tell you I had the same problem this afternoon. I am disgusted with this and cant take anymore.
I was trying to get through to query an update to Premium and spent twenty minints getting dead phones and just about threw it out the bloody window. Who says this system is working?, its a bloody disaster and needs looking at.
How much has this cost me?.
I also found out that I had to change to another number to ask for my Mac. Why must I have to listen to all that waffle and then find out I am calling the wrong number. Have I missed something is this number Printed somewhere alse?.
To recieve a Mac call, or as the Phone Call says if you are considering leaving????? Call 0845 140 6002
A very disgruntled and very annoyed soon to be ex PN Customer!!!!!
7 REPLIES 7
Nick

Re: Call Service

Really sorry to hear you have had problems getting through to our support team today.
Monday's are generally pretty busy and given the end of the holiday period, today has been more so than usual. Volumes have been up and down and as I type, we are in a relatively quiet period.
However we have had a few phone system problems which I think may have affected you. I'm keen to understand if this is the case so could you send me your username / contact details by PM please and I'll investigate and provide an answer to your questions.
Thanks,
Addnan
Grafter

I got through instantly today around 9.30am, the guy still apologised for the delay though. I think they accidentally put me ahead of people.
collieocoll
Grafter

Update: just now tried again to get through, a wee lassie keeps coming on and telling me she is sorry for the delay, already having told me there is a twenty minute delay.
Not good enough!!
collieocoll
Grafter

Update: Just now got through, line very bad not blaming PN for that we are still on the old copper wires that the Ark dropped off on its way through here. Very hard understanding the Call, do you accomodate for someone who has a hearing problem?, or is that down to the Phone Company. Felt as if I was speaking to someone in a far of land?.
I have just a few hours ago recommended my mate to join PN, thats if he got through?.
Clarification: I have just been informed that if I change over to Premium and dont have a Modem or anything else my Contract will stay at one Month. The reason I ask is that I have fallen into a trap once before and I dont want the same thing to happen again.
Could a PN advisor clarify this for me?.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: collieocoll
line very bad not blaming PN for that we are still on the old copper wires that the Ark dropped off on its way through here.

I see you have previously made posts complaining about speeds.
If your line is bad it will seriously affect your broadband speed no matter which ISP you use. Get that sorted out with whoever you pay your phone rental to and your broadband speeds will improve.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
collieocoll
Grafter

Yes I have made complaints about slow speeds!!
These complaints were justified as going from a relatively fast speed ( as fast as I am likely to ever get Living in the outback ) to an almost full stop speed required a moan!!!
Why pay goood Money for a Product then sit back and see it all go to hell, and being blamed for the cause of it, as in most cases we are the culprit, or deemed to be so, just rubs salt into the wound.
My line did fall off the Ark as it passed but that does'nt qualify an upgrade being done by anyone, no one is ever likely to bother about the poor unfortunates who are Miles from anywhere, as long as they pay their Bills keep there traps shut, all will be well.
Life isnt like that any more, we pays the piper so we expect the piper to supply us with a good service, he tells us often enough how good he is, but very often that doesnt match up to the hype we are given.
The BIG problem with being part of an ISP, any ISP, is the fact that our hands are tied behind our backs and we are powerless at that precise moment when we need them to be free to do something about it. Just think how the ISP's would feel if we had the right to walk away from them when we felt the service we were getting wasnt up to scratch, I have a feeling there would be a lot of walking being done.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Whoever provides your telephone is obliged to provide a good quality line free from background noise. If you are not getting that (test by dialling 17070 and use the quiet line test - option 2; you should hear nothing) raise a POTS (plain old telephone system) fault. If you get your telephone line up to scratch I can guarantee your ADSL will improve.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)