Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV19

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

CV19

Due to present circumstances CV19 , would be a good idea for PN to put a sticky post informing people they may have to wait a while for a Answer 👌

21 REPLIES 21
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: CV19

Yes.

Also put up a note of valid contact methods as I still see many posts mentioning Live Chat attempts.

Also, as there are numerous posts about cancelling the BT Sport subscription put up a note regarding how to terminate that  (there was a post somewhere by a staff member giving a method of doing so) or better still get the facility on the Members Centre. Can the banner that appeared re CV19 not be amended /expanded?

Such notes etc., would alleviate pressure on CS staff.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The "content" of the CV19 banner contains all of the requested information.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro

When you Log into Forum you do not get the Banner 🤔

jgb
Champion

@Townman 

Yes, I know the "content" of the banner contains much more information but it might be better if the banner itself indicated that it contains more than just call centre and engineer visit information so that people actually open it.

Also, the bit about BT Sport does not contain anything about cancellation only the offer of a month's free viewing.

jgb
Champion

@smiffy1 

Funny....I get the banner when I log into the Member Centre (even before I actually log in) and also when I log into the forum. I am on W10 using Chrome. It also appears when I use Edge.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@smiffy1 wrote:

That is interesting!  Are you using some type of blocker?  I cannot get it to "go quiet" something the SUs have raised in internal discussions.  Selective "quieting" of the banner and have it wake up again on change has not proven feasible.  I supposed something using cookies might be a possibility but such would be defeated by cookie cutters.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jgb 

There have been specific SU discussions on the CV19 communication.  I've passed on the comment about the banner better sign posting the content.  Full cancelation is clearly an additional option.  Have passed that on too.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

FYI also...

"Additionally, might the banner include a last updated date please?  Changing the colour when there is a change is fine … so long as one has been visiting regular enough to notice the colour has changed!"

smiffy1
Pro

Yes i have a adblocker 👍 as do thousands of people on the internet

This is what i see when i log in

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Townman wrote:

@smiffy1 wrote:

That is interesting!  Are you using some type of blocker?  I cannot get it to "go quiet" something the SUs have raised in internal discussions.  Selective "quieting" of the banner and have it wake up again on change has not proven feasible.  I supposed something using cookies might be a possibility but such would be defeated by cookie cutters.

@Townman I don't get it on the forum pages at all, but then I am permanently logged in, and also have uBlock Origin enabled, but that is a bit of a red-herring, as I do see the banner as soon as I open the 'My Account' tab.

John
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

@Townman 

Odd. For your information:

No banner at all here in Firefox whether or not logged in or logged out of the forum, even switching off uBlock Origin.

Nothing in Chrome even with all add-ons off. .

.I do see the banner in Edge which is "as delivered" because I never use it.

and I can copy the URL for the longer message from Edge into Firefox and read the instructions.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Thank you everyone for the feedback on non-visibility of the CV19 banner due to advert / cookie crunchers defeating web page functionality.  I have just requested Plusnet to look at an estate wide change to the website page headers.  I have mocked up the following...

Capture CV19 Update.JPG

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Looks good to me @Townman .

John
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Have turned on my adblocker uBlock Origin (default settings) for PN URL (https://www.plus.net) , the Coronavirus update does not appear.

Turn it back off for PN URL,the Coronavirus update appears.