Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPI / Price increases when on Fixed Contract

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: CPI / Price increases when on Fixed Contract

@Terranova667 wrote:

I don't know where you got that email from but it's not what I received, I have also been here long enough to know that Plusnet can make many many mistakes, this clearly seems to be one of them, whether it be a Human or System based error the fact remains I was given a fixed 18-month contract that should be honoured. 

If you login to your account online and click here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=489402604 you should be able to see the service notice we email automatically. Also a handy link to scroll through all closed service notices and tickets is https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

I hope this helps. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
delta777
Grafter

I just received a similar email and was surprised as I had only renewed my contract in April, so not at all impressed with a  price hike so soon after.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

We’re upfront with when we’d increase our prices. As per our FAQs they’d go up every June https://www.plus.net/help/legal/our-guide-to-price-increase-for-home-broadband/

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
davenos
Rising Star

Sorry to jump in and resurrect this thread, I am in the exact same situation, on the members centre it stated I had a fixed price contract and I have today received news of the impending price increase.
This is unacceptable when it stated in my account the price was fixed, if this was an error then its your error for which I should not be financially penalised and I shall be raising a formal complaint and requesting my release without penalty.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@davenos When did your current contract start?

John
davenos
Rising Star

@jab1 it started in Janurary this year, I have seen the statement saying that fixed price contracts stopped being offered in October 2020 but that's clearly not the case, and if it is then having the term "fixed price" on your account is misleading and frankly dishonest, I find it somewhat underhanded that yesterday I had the term "fixed price" showing in my member centre(exactly as the screenshot posted by the OP shows) and then today it's magically disappeared after the price increase email arrived.
jab1
Legend

@davenos It is true - no 'Fixed Price' contracts have been issued since October last year - your new contract terms and conditions you should have received at the time - which are the over-riding T&Cs - will not include the term 'Fixed Price'.

I suspect, but can't prove, as I am no longer a PN customer, therefore waiting for my account to close fully, that a 'technical glitch' meant that those who were previously on a true fixed price previously and re-contracted after 20/10/20 didn't have their landing page details amended when they moved to the variable one.

It looks like PN are now sorting this, as your Member Centre now reflects this scenario.

John
davenos
Rising Star

@jab1 I was a brand new customer in Janurary so I shouldn't have been effected by any technical glitch that happened to those recontracting, having looked at the documentation received from Plusnet when I joined it does mention fixed price for 18 months, Plusnet cannot change that without me agreeing to it and I wouldn't have done so.
jab1
Legend

Okay, so my suspicion that it only affected re-contracting customers was wrong - sorry, it obviously went deeper than that. If your contract started in January, it cannot be 'Fixed Price' - they didn't exist. As I was still on a genuine fixed price contract when I left, I have no idea how those taken out after 20/10/20 are worded - maybe you could take a screenshot of your current T&Cs - removing any identifying information, and upload it here? I would be interested.

John
davenos
Rising Star

So I put in a complaint and instead of looking in to why my members centre stated my term was "fixed till 3rd June 2022" they have ignored that and decided my contract states different(it doesn't) and have offered a goodwill gesture of a month's credit.
Unbelieve that they don't honor what is written in your contract, I think I may take this to OfCom.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @davenos 

What's showing in your account online is a little irrelevant but I appreciate it's confusing.

When you signed up online you agreed to our terms and conditions which explained the price rise.

In addition on the welcome email we sent you, we added the following information:

"The price for broadband, line rental, call plans and call charges will be increased on or after 1st June 2021 and then on or after 1st March every year from March 2022. On or after 1st June 2021, prices will increase by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in April of that year plus 3.9%. On or after 1st March every year from March 2022, prices will increase by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January of that year plus 3.9%. Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. See CPI Plus 3.9% Guide ( https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cpi-plus-guide/ ) for details."

You had 14 days from when you first signed up to cancel your order if you weren't happy with what you'd agreed to.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davenos
Rising Star

My posts have been quite clear its not only what was showing in my members section but also what is stated in my physical contract, it stated fixed price till 3rd June 2022, its convenient you keep ignoring that bit.
I was happy when I signed up because I expected to pay the same price for the 18 months as stated in my contract, the information about the price increase didn't concern me because it should have been irrelevant, trying to change the goalposts mid contract because an error has been identified is wrong.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @davenos 

@davenos wrote:
but also what is stated in my physical contract, it stated fixed price till 3rd June 2022, its convenient you keep ignoring that bit.

Where did it say this? Our terms and conditions Here you agree to when you sign up online, in addition to the welcome email, explicitly state our prices are subject to increase in line with the Consumer Price Index.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet