Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPI / Price increases when on Fixed Contract

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

CPI / Price increases when on Fixed Contract

Hi I received the email showing the CPI / Price increases that come into play on the 30th June, but I'm on a fixed contract until May 2022, The prices should not increase until my contract is up that's the whole point of a fixed contract, So why am I getting this email and the price Increases? 

27 REPLIES 27
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: CPI / Price increases when on Fixed Contract

All contracts sold after 7th October 2020 weren't fixed price and are subject to CPI increases. So unless your contract started before then it will not be fixed price.

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/fixed-price-contracts/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @Terranova667

As my response to your query includes contractual information specific to your account, it cannot be shared via Social Media. I've therefore sent an email to the address registered on the account with the relevant details. Please have a read and feel free to respond on her if you have any further questions.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Terranova667
Pro

I have read the email and I have to disagree,I made sure it was a fixed contract when it was renewed it even states it's fixed in my account as shown below, at no point was it mentioned about increases when I re-newed, there was no indication to me until I got the email.

BB.jpg

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, thank you for your response.

I'm extremely sorry, but I have to disagree. As you'll find, an email was sent to yourself on the day in which the new contract was initiated which clearly outlined our CPI process, and gave you the dates in which the price changes would occur. You'll find this on Service Notice: SN489402604 which was sent on 20/11/2020.

It was also outlined that the cooling off period would start the following day, lasting for 14 days, in which you will have been able to change your mind regarding the new contract.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Not that it concerns or worries me, @adam945 , but if an element of a contract is variable - i.e. the 'CPI+3.9%' - then it is disingenuous to refer to it as a 'Fixed Price' - the price changes.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@jab1

None of our contracts which have been offered since the 7tth October 2020 have been advertised as a fixed price contract.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
jab1
Legend

Post 4 above tends to say otherwise, unless my eyes deceive me.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If the photo is correct, then there may be an issue with the Member Centre, which I'd be happy to raise on the instruction of the account holder.

To reiterate however, all of our contracts which have been offered after 7th October are no longer on a fixed price basis.

-Adam

Adam
jab1
Legend

I don't doubt the validity of the screenshot. I appreciate any requests for clarification need to come from the OP - I was merely pointing out that they were correct in pointing out that they were told it is a 'Fixed Price' contract.

You do not need to reiterate that point to me, at least, as I am very aware of it.

John
Terranova667
Pro

Are you calling me a liar Adam because that is what it looks like to me, as I said in my previous post at NO POINT was it said  or mentioned about price increases, the contract I was offered was fixed term as shown in my account and the screenshot, there was NO EMAIL ISSUED that claimed otherwise . 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Terranova667 Thanks for your response.

At no point have I called you a liar, and if you read my earlier replies, I've clearly mentioned that there may be an issue with the online Member Centre.

I'll manually send out the email, which was supposedly sent out to you on 20/11/2021 which clearly outlines our price changes structure. Please let me know if you have not received it, and I'll be happy to resend it from my personal work email.

-Adam

Adam
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It is possible that the email was sent to that registered on the account and is now an email address which the user does not access. This is a recurring scenario - Plusnet send emails to the supplied address which with the passing of time a user no longer uses / accesses.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Terranova667
Pro

You questioned whether the screenshot was true, so yes in some fashion you did call me a liar. 

I don't know where you got that email from but it's not what I received, I have also been here long enough to know that Plusnet can make many many mistakes, this clearly seems to be one of them, whether it be a Human or System based error the fact remains I was given a fixed 18-month contract that should be honoured. 

Terranova667
Pro

@Townman The email address is still valid and in use I get my monthly bill fine, I just did not get the Email they claim they sent, I did think at the time to raise it on the forum if the member centre didn't update with the new contract details but it did so thought nothing more of it, error on my part I guess.