Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: @CHRIS.... Employ MORE people to answer the phones

Quote from: MauriceC
Last I heard, the new Plusnet provisioning system was still 'in test'

It was implemented a few months back I was given to understand Huh
Quote from: MauriceC
NOTE:  It is now some years since I worked on BT,  Telewest and NTL back office systems but I'm still in touch with colleagues.  Any errors are due to memory fade.

Ha, we can all suffer that from time to time, so allowances are often made Wink
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
It was implemented a few months back I was given to understand Huh

Or was that the new and improved billing system?
I ask, in jest, because if we are on the new system orders are still occasionally being placed with capped uploads, why would the new system have this as an option if it's been built from scratch and not supposed to be an option to the EUs?
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

IIRC the New billing system isn't yet, there are more billing issues than capped US order issues Tongue
(God know why uncapped US isn't automatic, blame BTw as well as PN) Roll_eyes
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Just as a general FYI orders that are placed by automation are going through with the upload speed being uncapped.
The issues we're seeing with capped uploads are where agents are choosing the wrong option.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Going slightly off topic there,... so I will bring it back.....

Points arising....
1. SIX YEARS AGO... I started a thread to try and get better ticket and phone response times by suggesting PlusNet employ more staff for this specific purpose.  I also advocated a "proper" phone queueing system, where the caller was given the information that call waiting time was...... and that the customer was in a queue in position number.......   Then benefit of this system is obvious, as the customer then knows, by listening to the reduction in position number.... that calls are being answered and dealt with, and that he is progressing to the front of the queue.
This idea was totally dismissed by Chris, as unworkable.  ( he may have said something different, but it boiled down to the same thing, and I`m not going to trawl the post to find it)..
2. Responses by "plusnet staff" have always been polite but adamant that ...... given time.... we`ll get there.
3. THREE YEARS later,  I had a chance to test those words , RESULT.......... FAILED... miserably...
and so I continued my campaign,  and got a lot more platitudes and promises that more and more staff were being recruited and trained..... and, of course, that training takes some time, plus the "live" training needed another more experienced member of staff to assist.... however, i got the same messages  from "plusnet staff"   Give us time,...... and we`ll get there"...
Ok.. I can see that... I do know that training etc, does take time to bring people up to scratch.... and as my particular problem at that time was solved,.... i had no further reason to complain about the phone or ticket system...
4. Another 3 years has passed, and I am in need of a new router..... and so it is early evening, and I look on the help pages for "contact us" and see "live chat"... however, it is not available.... please try later.... so I wait about a bit....about an hour, I suppose, and check again...... not available... please try later.... I mention this on the forum, and eventually get some help from members, BUT not from PLUSNET....... eventually managed to get on "live chat".... and the guy on there was helpful,... however I could not pay for the router he had comissioned for me... I had to go on the phone...
( that is stupid.... PlusNet have my bank details... but I have to phone up to pass them on the phone for payment)... so the saga begins all over again.
5. Live chat needs to be more accessible from the webpage.... putting "not available" on there is not helpful ....it needs to be re-written so it overrides any adblockers etc... or needs to be re-written to be used at any time, by any body.    
6. Currently, waiting times for a phone to be answered by a human, are abysmal. Yes, Early evening from , (say) 1700 to 2200, can expect to wait for a while for an answer, due to high volume of calls... as shown by the service status graphs...
I decided that I would wait until after 2200 to phone , as it was not "emergency/important that I needed to "clog up " the call system with my payment call....  However..... take a look at the graphs on my initial postings... post numbers 1, 2, & 3.... and you will see something wrong ? ? ? ? ?    no.. it`s not wrong.... they are graphs and figures produced by PlusNet...
7.  If PlusNet had a proper 21st century approach to on-line payments, e.g. paypal, there would have been no reason for me, ( and indeed many others, I expect).... to clog  up the phone lines and lengthen the waiting times, by hanging on to a phone for hours on end..... after 2200 the abovementioned graphs showed the number of calls waiting reducing, fairly quickly, but the waiting time for an answer was increasing dramatically...  just before MY call was answered,... there was 0.67  (2/3rds) of a call waiting.....with a projected wait time of 1 hour 19 minutes....  Explanation please?
8. "PlusNet Staff" have repeatedly, over the past 6  years, stated things will improve given time.... However, it seems to have been Pie in the WInd.  This thread, and many many more in  the Feedback Forum, have shown,.... very clearly.... that things have not improved over time.... ....
PlusNet is using False Advertising slogan`s to lure more and more customers..... "We`ll do you proud".... "We don`t compromise on value and service"..... Perhaps the advertising standards authority should read the Feedback forums, to see if the adverts are legal  ? ? ?
9.  Adam Walker stated that he would "flag this thread".... What does that actually mean?  What has it achieved, by being "flagged up" ? ? ?
How far "up the chain" will it go ?  
Will any action be taken ?
Chris also said that I had "made some good points".. in my thread...... again... what will happen about them? and which points did he think were "good points"  ? ? ?  
10... What is the "Feedback" board for?  Does anyone in the management departments ever take on board the suggestions for improvements..... or use the Bad Feedback points to initiate changes  to reduce those bad feedback postings?
Probably not.....
They will still get their pay at the end of the month, and be considered Good and Loyal Staff for not "rocking the boat" or "making waves" and leaving the status quo as it is.......

Whilst I am happy with the fact that my broadband connection is rock solid, and a reasonable steady speed is maintained, I am deeply disappointed in the way that PlusNet Staff have let this once good and great Yokshu company go to the dogs.....
There is a lot of "rubbishing" going on, in the forums, about other ISP`s,... TT and Virgin and Sky, to name a few, but.......... perhaps... ... maybe... they are getting better....
I used to recommend PlusNet to anyone who would listen...... Now..... I don`t mention PlusNet,..... unless I am asked ......        

Says it all really......doesn`t it....    Sad
here are the numbers waiting    and the waiting time figures  in  tabulated form.... taken from the service status on the evening in this thread..

Time............  number of calls waiting......      waiting time
2100                    17.37                                              17 minutes
2120                    17.37                                                28 minutes
2135                      13.08                                          35 mins 50 seconds
2150                        5.93                                          40mins 32 seconds
2205                        5.26                                            43 mins  11 seconds
2250                        3.84                                      0 seconds
( made a call, and was told by the voice......due to the high number of calls waiting time is about 1 hour )........
2340                        0.67                                          50 minutes  19 seconds
23.50                      0.67                                          50 minutes  19 seconds
(made another call, and told the same thing .... 1 hour waiting time )..
eventually after about 15 minutes, ( i`m guessing) the phone was answered..........
gofaster
Rising Star

The obvious solution to your problem is to close the phone lines at 22:30. This will stop the waiting time from going up and up.  Lips_are_sealed
alext05
Grafter

Houston, we have a problem.  Cheesy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm sorry but I've got nothing more to add that wasn't in my previous response.
The comments made in here have been passed on but I'm not going to make any guarantees about changes based on them, it may be that you don't hear back about them either.
For reference, here's my previous reply:
I'm not going to say that everything is peachy and rosy. It clearly needs improvement which we are (still) working on. I'm not sure why you're referencing 6 years though, yes you started a thread 6 years ago but I don't believe that our service has needed improvement for 6 years. There have been periods during that time where the call waits have increased, there have been periods during that where the call waits have been very small, fluctuations are what happens in this business. There have been longer periods and shorter periods where improvements were needed.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shutter
Community Veteran

Thanks for the reply Chris..........

Not holding my breath.... I may be (probably be) dead before any improvements show up.................................  Sad
alext05
Grafter

Shutter, I think you made a fair point and it's been noted by Plusnet and everyone else. Chris gave a very reasonable and respectful explanation.
I believe you need to put things into perspective though, and simply enjoy your life and your rock solid Plusnet connection.
shutter
Community Veteran

Agreed..... just hope I won`t be needing to phone up again....... as the saying goes.... Life is too short....( especially when you`re over 70 ! ! !  Cheesy Cheesy )
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: shutter
....... as the saying goes.... Life is too short....( especially when you`re over 70 ! ! !   Cheesy Cheesy )
Get some in, youngster! Grin Signed Lucerne , aged 78 and 11/12ths.
OT your board name; anything to do with naval slang, functions?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Estragon
Rising Star

What date in August? 12th in my case.
shutter
Community Veteran

Ah... " The Glorious Twelth" ! ! ...  ( grouse shooting begins)    Shocked
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
again this thread is in danger of going off topic (again) if you want a thread on birthdays can you head to chit chat please Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'