cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Plusnet

Pugs
Grafter

Bye Bye Plusnet

After 3 months it's time to depart. Have to admit my only gripe and reason for leaving is traffic shaping and the lack of a product to suit my needs. Was on plusnet premium as the download limit was more than enough for me but traffic shaping caused downloads to run at a maximum of 60kb/s. People can change their habits and schedule overnight downloads for "recreation", however I'm one of many that work from home. Some days I need to download 100MB+ files (work related) and have to wait for well over an hour. Recently I upgrade my PCs to Windows 7 and the Microsoft updates took forever. I can appreciate the strain P2P etc puts on the network but with everything being shaped I've had to vote with my feet.
7 REPLIES 7
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Bye Bye Plusnet

I think this is a good argument for relaunching Homeworker packages.
Should be traffic shaping like the business products during the day, then like residential products in the evenings.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pugs,
Sorry to hear that. What times was it that the service was running slowly, or was that at all times?
Pugs
Grafter

It was after 12noon. My speeds were never that fast because I live quite far from the exchange. I can now download at peak times at 400kbps as opposed to 60 with Plusnet.
Mark
Grafter

I think this is a good argument for relaunching Homeworker packages.

Any of our business products are suitable for and are used by Homeworkers James. Prior to the refresh we had a plethora of packages with varying names, (a story unto itself) none of which had a traffic profile different to those which exist today. The legacy homeworker branded products have the same profile as those of today so nothing has changed on that front.
Lurker
Grafter

Nice selective quoting Mark.
What about the relevant part of the post though relating to shaping. Wink
Pugs
Grafter

Absolutley, that's why I left. Business package looks equally as prohibitive and I wasn't prepared to enter into a 1 year contract to find out. I'm please I left. Speeds are excellent at all times. Cost is not an issue if you get the service you want. My new monthly outlay is about £30. Seems like my feedback has fallen on deaf ears at Plusnet. I thought itwas constructive but there you go.
THis is my last post. Little point in prattling on.
Cheers
KJILM123
Grafter

@ Pugs,

Grin
I know how you were feeling man.
KJ