Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Mr Volmer

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Bye Bye Mr Volmer

this was linked to in another thread - nice to be told
http://community.plus.net/blog/2010/08/19/a-fond-farewell-and-a-warm-welcome/#more-16466
It’s therefore with a certain amount of sadness when I announce that Anthony has taken the decision to leave Plusnet to pursue other opportunities within the BT Group.
29 REPLIES 29
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Bye Bye Mr Volmer

And this is the new guy
As well as saying our goodbyes to Anthony, it’s time to welcome aboard our new CEO! Effective immediately, Jamie Ford will be taking the reins from Anthony. I hope you’ll join us in wishing him a very warm welcome.
Jamie was officially appointed CEO of Plusnet earlier this week and joins us from BT Retail where he was ‘Director of Customer Experience and Business Change'. He played a key part in the ‘Right First Time’ programme and was responsible for identifying barriers and helping to drive customer service improvements within the BT Group.

Oh Dear!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Well Mr Vollmer didn't do anything of note - despite asking for a mass of questions, few of which were ever answered properly.
- comment withdrawn.
As for the new guy
He played a key part in the ‘Right First Time’ programme and was responsible for identifying barriers and helping to drive customer service improvements within the BT Group.

Obviously he didn't play a key part in anything since there weren't any "customer service improvements within the BT Group".

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Spider
Grafter

That really depends on who they are referring to as the 'customer'. At my own place of work we no longer have customers, instead we have 'supporters'!
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: A
Obviously he didn't play a key part in anything since there weren't any "customer service improvements within the BT Group".

Very true A Fox is Evil Smiley

the only thing BT improve on is grabbing more money from their customers with frequent price rises
Regards
Mike  

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pcoventry
Grafter

I have to say I really did enjoy speaking with Mr Vollmer and all the energy and excitement he put into his internal communications with us. In my eyes he has done a grand job and he will be missed.
I look forward to meeting Jamie soon.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I thought we had to speak English as part of the forum rules.
Could someone let me know when BabelFish release an appropriate translator?
Feel like I'm in a job interview again Smiley
James
Grafter

"Right First Time" was actually an enormous project within Retail and my understanding is that they made considerable improvements as a result.
Our new Chairman being someone from BT who comes from a Customer Experience area would, imho, be a sensible and logical appointment based on Customer Focus being one of our key targets this year.  Just to add further to that, one of our key aims is to prove OCR (One Contact Resolution) as we feel that we could be doing better with regards to making sure that we're answering customer queries first time round and that they don't feel the need to get back in touch with us about the same problem/question.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Jameseh
, one of our key aims is to prove OCR (One Contact Resolution) as we feel that we could be doing better with regards to making sure that we're answering customer queries first time round
From my experience the chances of that are somewhere between Fat and Nil whenever BT OPenreach or BTw get involved
James
Grafter

Oh sure - It's very unlikely on a fault due to the various checks we run and then the interaction with BT and equally so in provisioning, especially if it is home phone and broadband.
We're talking more of improvements that we can make to ensure that questions are answered correctly first time round where they can be.
mikko
Grafter

As an ex PN customer may I suggest that Mr Ford sends himself to South Africa (CS Dept.) as an "undercover boss? Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We do have some members of UK staff that visit SA from time to time. I'm certain this will continue whilst Jamie is at the helm.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
"Right First Time" was actually an enormous project within Retail and my understanding is that they made considerable improvements as a result.

Those improvements are so great that my telephone bills have been wrong for months on end - well over a year now and I've given up complaining.  For what it's worth they failed to note any of my telephone calls for about 3 months; then billed them about 4 months behind and are now almost correct however for a call period 13th Jul - 12th August I was a little confused as to why a 1hr 40minute call made on about the 9th August did not show.
I believe that if they introduce "Right First Time" here; the customer service will held dramatically downhill based on their past performance with this elsewhere within the group.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Perhaps a "Right At No Time" (RANT) project could be instigated.  Roll_eyes Cheesy Roll_eyes

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

zubel
Community Veteran

Who said it was 'Right first time" for the customer?  Grin
B.