cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Usage Monitor

Loon
Grafter

Broken Usage Monitor

For nearly 2 months now I have been unable to see my usage due to a technical issue at the Plusnet end.
I have a support ticket (second one) still open for this but because it only effects 1 in 50,000 it is very very low priority. Sad
I was wondering if anybody else has had or still has this problem?
While I do understand the 1 in 50,000 not making it a major issue. I find it very frustrating as I have 2 teenage children with iPods, Xboxes Wii etc and I was stupid enough to just buy the wife an iPad (oh the joys of iPlayer!) so my usage does really need monitoring.
Rob
6 REPLIES 6
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Broken Usage Monitor

Hi Rob,
I'm having this looked into a little more and will get back to your later.
What I can tell you though is that the issue with the two routers is still present on your account. It's imperative this is fixed, as when the usage does start to count, you are going to be billed for the usage on the other account.
Loon
Grafter

Hi Phil
Thanks for the reply.
I can conform that the other router is set to the right account and I can see the proper usage for that account (mother in law Smiley ).
I was also given this reply in the first response to this question (55716539)
Thank you for your query. The issue with your account not showing it's usage is nothing to do with the issue you had with the other router having your details in it. The issue with your usage not showing is due to a system problem we are currently investigating. I have added your account to the investigation and we will be back in touch when the issue is resolved.

I do not have a problem paying for any usage ....I just want to know what it is at any given time so I can act accordingly if it starts to get close to the limit!
Rob

Edit: Sorry misread your post.
Are you saying that router is still picking up my account?
It is showing usage on her account at the levels I would expect....even for today!
Rob
prichardson
Grafter

Hi Rob,
Per the call, we have concluded it's not the router that we thought it was. I have been able to do some trickery to resolve that issue though so there is no second router now.
I'll get back to you once I have some more understanding on the problem though.
prichardson
Grafter

Right, I have had a better chance to understand this now.
First off, it isn't something we can fix individually, so needs to be done on mass. I'm looking further into what is happening in the fix area now.
The original cause of the problem was some work we did early on in the year. It got triggered on your account as a result of the second connection/router using your account details (but it's correct that the second connection is not causing the problem ongoing).
The data is being collected and we simply need to correct how the system arranges it to be displayed to you.
Loon
Grafter

Hi Phil
Thanks for the work and feedback.
I know it is sort of "how long is a piece of string" but do you have any idea of how long?
Rob
prichardson
Grafter

We are in the process of creating batches of problem fixes, were we work on groups of problems that impact a single system (or at least directly interconnected).
VMBU and usage collection is one such group, though unfortunately there are some groups that are of a higher priority. Given the number of issues we have open on VMBU, I actually agree with the way we are looking at priority.
That said, I have been given indication that we may be able to fix yours, and I am currently seeing if this will go through. It may take 2 hours or so, so I will come back to you.