Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband phone usage

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Broadband phone usage

I see in my usage stats a tiny 1% is shown as Broadband phone calls, but as I don't Skype etc, could Plus Net be recording something else under that category?
My phone is BT as only they offer the BT Call Sign service which I need for my fax to distinguish incoming calls from faxes.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband phone usage

Hi Gel,
It is possible that our traffic management routers could be identifying some other type of traffic incorrectly as VOIP (broadband phone). As the amount indicated is so minimal I would not be concerned by this but would urge you to raise this with our support centre if you do see this increase at all.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi Gel,
Interestingly, I also queried my VMBU last week as I noticed that 11% of my usage was attributed to broadband phone calls. The answer I received was:-
"Thank you for your query. Our VMBU system is not completely accurate as we cannot actually see what you are doing on the internet. For this reason we have to make an educated guess going on the type of traffic/ ports used etc." (CSC Analyst)
So, Plusnet do not have a crystal ball!!
Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Brian
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29