cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband - Minus net to replace Plusnet?

Ciotog

Broadband - Minus net to replace Plusnet?

I am beginning to wonder if Plusnet should be renamed Minus net., having suffered a very unreliable service since August 21st, even after a visit from an Openreach engineer, who stated that the previous installation was completely wrong and that he would fix the problem! Hmmmmmmm! He didn't.................
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Broadband - Minus net to replace Plusnet?

A bit more information would be useful! Is this ADSL or FTTC? What problems are you having?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Openretch you named the problem but slam PN for work out with their control
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Ciotog,
Sorry to hear about the fault. My colleague that last dealt with this for you requested an investigation by a network engineer (without an appointment) on the 1st so I'm chasing for an update on that now.
I'll get back to you with more information as soon as I can.
Adam
EDIT: Just a quick update to say that I'm adding an update to your ticket and I'm requesting some attention on this issue from our faults team today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SWANECO
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I had serious problems with my BB for a month, ticket number 71972346.
My speed went as low as 0.5 meg and meantime between failures measured in minutes.
It took no less than four engineer visits spread over a month to provide a satisfactory service.
None of which was Plusnets fault , who were also friendly, polite and reassured me that that it would be fixed.
Sadly PN is often the messenger as we have no contract with OR.
My only complaint is that when I renewed immediately after my troubled times I now have to pay the full rate of £5.99.
It is very easy to blame PN as they are the only people that  have a contract with but I am sure they get as frustrated as we do when
others performance ' falls below the high standards they set themselves'.
Ciotog

I do agree that it does not appear to be PN's fault. I pay 'top dollar' for the  top-of-the-range fibre package, and all I want is a reliable, fast service. The previous engineer(?) muttered about shoddy workmanship, and moaned that he had a lot of jobs to do in the area. The engineer(?) who came last week stated that the previous installation was all wrong, but he would rectify the problem. Hmmm.......
There is another engineer (?) due to today between 8.00 am and 1.00pm. it's now 1.30 pm so I expect that I will have to be patient. I hope this guy doesn't begin to 'bad-mouth' the previous attempts at installing the service - I just want it fixed............................
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, I've asked our faults team to chase this up for you, you should hear from them soon.