cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Disconnections (59688) - Update??

jaccil

Broadband Disconnections (59688) - Update??

Ok, after writing the message below, I refreshed and saw an update was now available on this topic, albeit a day later than expected.  Can you please state which areas/connections were affected by the problem?  Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have also been experiencing a number of disconnects recently and have been meaning to check it out.  After having my connection drop 10 times between 12:00 and 12:15 today, I came to check whether there were any known service issues.
The "Broadband Disconnections (59688) - NEW " notice posted 09/12/2009 @ 17:03 stated "more information on this problem tomorrow".  Has there been any update on this issue?  I can't seem to find it and the 10th has passed.
DNS and peering prolems experienced during the past week haven't gone unnoticed either, though these are not nearly as annoying as as dropped connections.  I must say that the service over the past week once again leaves much to be desired and I have to agree with sentiments on this forum that the PlusNet experience has only gotten worse over the past two years.
With a variety of new broadband options now available, I finally decided to change ISPs in July, but a PlusNet operator convinced me to try the new 21CN network.  I really can't say I am any better off in that regards either.  I guess it's time to consider the alternatives again.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband Disconnections (59688) - Update??

The service status post was regarding a failure in one of our suppliers router, it could affect customers in *any* area, however the number of drops has been less than 5 and they've been spaced out since around 3.00am on early Wednesday morning.
This should now be fixed and I'll be closing that service status once it's confirmed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
guhall

I have also experienced many disconnects over the weekend after this issue noted the swapout.
Never experienced them in the past.  The disconnects only appeard to happen in the evenings and early hours.  Did not experience discinnects during the day.
I have experienced over 10 disconnects a day since Friday. Could these be related to this issue.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I have experienced over 10 disconnects a day since Friday. Could these be related to this issue.

No, there have been less than 5 disconnections due to this since I posted the initial service status. I'd suggest trying a different filter and following the faults process here: http://faults.plus.net/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
guhall

Thankyou for the quick response. 
I will try a new filter and use the faults checker if problems persist.